Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Governor just announced Hatfield McCoy trails were shutting down as of midnight tonight. That is all I have at this time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just got an email from Ashland Resort saying the Governor as of midnight tonight is closing the H&M Trail system. i guess they feel the guests to the area could bring along the China Virus... No indication as to how long the closure would be. I have a trip to Marty’s in May...could be an “outlaw” trip.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just got an email from Ashland Resort saying the Governor as of midnight tonight is closing the H&M Trail system. i guess they feel the guests to the area could bring along the China Virus... No indication as to how long the closure would be. I have a trip to Marty’s in May...could be an “outlaw” trip.
We also have a trip in june we always ride outlaw anyway but I just hope where we stay can remain open....

·
Registered
630 Posts
It pisses me off really idk what all this is going to do.. also this is going really hurt the small community's down there..

·
Vendor
1,610 Posts
It pisses me off really idk what all this is going to do.. also this is going really hurt the small community's down there..
Not near as much as having the virus overload their health care resources.
Everybody that resists the fact that we just need to stay put till this passes, just increases the timeline that it will take to control it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
This is going to start alot of crime also and more ppl hurt or killed from it. It's just stupid everything they are doing I mean we had a dam fight at wal mart today over sh!+ tickets.

·
Vendor
1,610 Posts
Lets all run scared and hide. What kind if wimps has society become? Staying home is accomplishing nothing, except slowing our economy. Being politically correct is more important than common sense, what a shame.
There is a segment of the population that catching this virus is fatal. If all of us don't heed the warnings, this could turn out really really bad for seniors. I should add, that I'm one of them.
I'm not running scared---I think I'm using common sense to protect myself and others that are vulnerable.
Even for the younger generations, this virus can do long term damage to lungs.
Do what you think is best, but be aware that this could get a lot worse from people not heeding the warnings.

·
Registered
630 Posts
There are alot of jobs out there that can be bad for lungs I am one of them I am a welder. Also the coal industry ppl are to stupid to realize that alot of power plants are still coal powered so if there was no coal how would ppl get power? Alot of ppl will not know what to do if they loose power they would die. Yes the virus is bad but there is alot of other stuff that is bad for lungs also and we are not hiding from it.

·
Vendor
1,610 Posts
There are alot of jobs out there that can be bad for lungs I am one of them I am a welder. Also the coal industry ppl are to stupid to realize that alot of power plants are still coal powered so if there was no coal how would ppl get power? Alot of ppl will not know what to do if they loose power they would die. Yes the virus is bad but there is alot of other stuff that is bad for lungs also and we are not hiding from it.
So you're comparing a decision you made voluntarily to a disease that can be passed to someone unknowingly?
If you don't want to weld, don't. I don't want the virus, but you could give it to me.
Big difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The CDC estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus. That is only so far this season, only in the U.S. Has this caused an overload to our health care system? Has it ever? The simple answer is no. Is this causing all of society to go whacky? No. So why is everyone running scared of a "pandemic" that hasn't even reached 100th of a percent of the flu. Show me some facts, no speculation, no maybe this or maybe that. Should we live in fear of everything that could go wrong in this world? There has been swine flu, bird flu, y2k and god only knows how many other terrible things that were going to wipe man kind from the face of the earth, but guess what, we're all still here. Thinking that hiding in your house is going to save you from the world is your belief than good for you! This is America everyone has the right to do and be what they want. Just don't expect everyone to share in your belief.

·
Vendor
1,610 Posts
The CDC estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus. That is only so far this season, only in the U.S. Has this caused an overload to our health care system? Has it ever? The simple answer is no. Is this causing all of society to go whacky? No. So why is everyone running scared of a "pandemic" that hasn't even reached 100th of a percent of the flu. Show me some facts, no speculation, no maybe this or maybe that. Should we live in fear of everything that could go wrong in this world? There has been swine flu, bird flu, y2k and god only knows how many other terrible things that were going to wipe man kind from the face of the earth, but guess what, we're all still here. Thinking that hiding in your house is going to save you from the world is your belief than good for you! This is America everyone has the right to do and be what they want. Just don't expect everyone to share in your belief.
If you do a small bit of research, you'll know this isn't the flu.
You can do as you wish, till the numbers get so bad that the government forces you to do so. If you think that isn't a real possibility right now, you're fooling yourself.
Hiding in our homes for a period of time, might be the only way to slow the curve.
It makes sense to me that the more people that do so, the shorter the time we all have to suffer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So you're comparing a decision you made voluntarily to a disease that can be passed to someone unknowingly?
If you don't want to weld, don't. I don't want the virus, but you could give it to me.
Big difference.
that’s actually not a correct comparison either. If you don’t want to get the virus you could lock yourself in your bedroom like Henry the VIII. No chance of getting it then! Instead, all of society must change and even be guilted for doing normal things or work to provide for their families. The economy will not recover to January’s level in my lifetime. Over the flu.

·
Vendor
1,610 Posts
that’s actually not a correct comparison either. If you don’t want to get the virus you could lock yourself in your bedroom like Henry the VIII. No chance of getting it then! Instead, all of society must change and even be guilted for doing normal things or work to provide for their families. The economy will not recover to January’s level in my lifetime. Over the flu.
We both know, that if the virus continues to spread, even those of us that are staying home now, will eventually be exposed if the curve keeps going up. At some point, people are going to have to conform to slow the spread. And it's not the flu.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well I'm not hiding in my house nor will I stop doing my normal activities. If I get it I get it. Staying home and not doing anything is not going to stop this or scare it away.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts