Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you could show me your plow mount and let me know the pro's and cons.

I don't need the whole system just the mount.

I did some welding for a friend and he gave me a new/unused cycle country atv plow.

I need the narrower plow as my driveway is steep and narrow so a wider plow wouldn't do me any good.

So, I have the winch and the plow, I just need an idea of what the mounts are like.

And I can shorten and make new mounts for the plow to fit the XP mount if needs be so that's not a problem either.

Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I have to plow my driveway with. Sorry - I know this isn't helping you. I wish I could do it with my XP.
That is gorgeous!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're money ahead giving the neighbor kid $100 each time. and he will do you sidewalk.
Sure would ... except that from my house you cannot see another house ... my 900' long driveway has approx 80' change in elevation ... and most people can't get up my county road without chains to get to my driveway ... sidewalks in rural WV :rofl3:

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
you're money ahead giving the neighbor kid $100 each time. and he will do you sidewalk.
Sure would ... except that from my house you cannot see another house ... my 900' long driveway has approx 80' change in elevation ... and most people can't get up my county road without chains to get to my driveway ... sidewalks in rural WV :rofl3:
my (3) personal drives average 500' and 11' - 40' wide.
No RZR will do those.
The first few inches maybe as long as it doesn't snow again but snow #2 and up you have to stack on top somewhere.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my (3) personal drives average 500' and 11' - 40' wide.
No RZR will do those.
The first few inches maybe as long as it doesn't snow again but snow #2 and up you have to stack on top somewhere.
I've plowed for years using my rhino.

I can only plow downhill but everyone around here uses sxs's

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks. I know what you mean about your driveway. Mine is a half mile long and drops 200'. With the heavy snow we get I'm not sure my XP would have the power or weight to move the snow. My backhoe weighs 8,000 lbs, has the front wheels chained and still can't make a full pass going up hill.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
mine is only 3000# or so but dump height allows me to dump in a tandem truck if I'm on a job site. Not uncommon to have to stack snow that high depending on the driveway.
Rollover blade allows pulling or pushing snow backward.

Guess if people are enjoying it on a quad or RZR then go for it and make the best of it.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
OK plowing story
dec '06 was a record snow here. 18" depending on which side of town.
paralyzed the Peoria area.
neighbor rented the biggest thing in town. $1200/ day and was lucky to get it reserved. Just for our neighbor hood and friends.
We just opened Nissan, Jag, Land Rover and 400 vehicles packed in one corner.
(we are the contractors, not the owner)
On his second pass he burries this thing.
WHEN 2 large tow trucks came a day later the CAT was dead.
Final bill with towing was over $6000.

On top of that was infrastucture, parking lot, irrigation and landscaping.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
OK plowing story
dec '06 was a record snow here. 18" depending on which side of town.
paralyzed the Peoria area.
neighbor rented the biggest thing in town. $1200/ day and was lucky to get it reserved. Just for our neighbor hood and friends.
We just opened Nissan, Jag, Land Rover and 400 vehicles packed in one corner.
(we are the contractors, not the owner)
On his second pass he burries this thing.
WHEN 2 large tow trucks came a day later the CAT was dead.
Final bill with towing was over $6000.

On top of that was infrastucture, parking lot, irrigation and landscaping.
Ouch!! Makes for one heck of a story though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts