Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you guys that are running or going to run a UMP intake system on a 2011 Polaris RZR will find out that on the 2011 models Polaris Moved the MAP Sensor from the filter housing to the intake boot so ... the ump filter housing will have the hole with threaded hole next to it that will not be doing anything and will need to be blocked off ... we have made a billet plug with a O-ring on it to seal the hole ... Price is 24.95

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is there a discount for forum members?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Willie,

How do you get the discount and what % is it? Need to order some stuff for two new RZRs on order,

Thanks

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
That sensor has always been on the Polaris boot--which the UMP doesn't use. Your kit uses the Polaris boot? From the pictures I've seen there's a short straight boot connecting the canister to the throttle body.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Some of you guys that are running or going to run a UMP intake system on a 2011 Polaris RZR will find out that on the 2011 models Polaris Moved the MAP Sensor from the filter housing to the intake boot so ... the ump filter housing will have the hole with threaded hole next to it that will not be doing anything and will need to be blocked off ... we have made a billet plug with a O-ring on it to seal the hole ... Price is 24.95

Looks like the CNC machine is coming in handy...

Nice piece..

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
That sensor has always been on the Polaris boot--which the UMP doesn't use. Your kit uses the Polaris boot? From the pictures I've seen there's a short straight boot connecting the canister to the throttle body.
Yes it has always been on the boot. Maybe with the 2011 you need to use the factory boot? My dad just bought a ump for his 2010 rzr4 and the ump came with a block off plate though not fancy like the bling one utv inc sells.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
One of the things I really like about the UMP is their bracket angles the canister so it's inline with the throttle body & very close to it. They used a short stiff boot that couldn't possibly wiggle loose. Plus it's larger for better flow.
Bummer if something changed on the 2011 so you must use the Polaris flexi boot. Can anyone verify?

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
2011 the map sensor in on the other side of the throttle body not the air box side .. so we leave it where it is and plug the hole in the airbox our intake uses the same boot and angle

1 - 20 of 32 Posts