Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
"Thug Life"
2,035 Posts
The T.H.U.G.S will be in Moab June 6th-13th. Have our daytime trails, already selected.

Wondering (if able to do so)... what would be a good "night run" trail, to do? Is night riding even legal, out there? Thanks!!

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
We do Moab Rim every year at night at Rally on the Rocks. Looking over the whole area from the overlook is awesome at night.

Have done Hells Revenge at night, but I would only do that with someone that knows the trail.

·
"Thug Life"
2,035 Posts
We do Miab Rim every year at night at Rally on the Rocks. Looking over the whole area from the overlook is awesome at night.

Have done Hells Revenge at night, but I would only do that with someone that knows the trail.

:clap: Thank you, Bill. IDK if we will ride any, at night. But wanted to know if it WAS a possibility, should the opportunity present itself.

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
We might be there the same time you are. If you want to go out one night and do Moab Rim, send me a pm.

·
"Thug Life"
2,035 Posts
Sweet. Will do just that, once I see what everyone else thinks.

I would guess probably 6-8 rigs in the night run group.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey 07turbo thank you for that offer, we are with the same group as shocker. I know there are a few of us that would love a night run. I bet the view off of Moab rim at night is crazy cool. Hope to get to meet you all.

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
We are planning to do Moab Rim Saturday night. Let me know if you are interested.

·
"Thug Life"
2,035 Posts
Cool! Will let you know.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Some Moab information: as most of us like to support local businesses, I was referred by a forum member to Moab Power Sports. I want to say, great place! Very nice people, terrific service from a local family owned business.

They will also come out and save you on the trail, fixing your problem right there. Not cheap, but reasonable. You text them and they'll come. If you call one of the towing services, add a couple zeros. Call or txt 435-260-1447.

Disclaimer, I have no connection to their business. They are also trying to generate political support to keep trails open that some of the new local politicians are trying to close. Thanks, PK

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got my new Roctanes 30" and SDI wheels. Great set up for Moab. We did Cliffhanger Sunday and they worked great. I think they should change the name to Ball Buster. Two other XP 1Ks, one lost the 4WD, the other broke the front grill while we were pulling him up one of the rock ledges. The stocker had much more trouble than the big tire XPs. Not being much of a techie, but the XP with the 32" tires and no clutch changes blew out the front end while spinning the front wheels trying to climb some rocks. I was watching, and when it caught, I heard a popping noise, then the 4WD was gone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For anyone thinking about Moab this time of year, Don't hesitate. Went last weekend and it was perfect. Temps were in the 50's, in the sun. We were the only vehicle on the trails. We did Fins and Things and Hells revenge and never seen another person. There was very little snow on the trail. And hotels are cheap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be out there March 18-24
I plan to be in Moab the weekend before you! Cant wait...
Oh nice, this will be my first time there, my mom is taking her jeep out there again and invited me.. I am pretty excited, been spending alot of money to get ready, skid plates, high clearance radius rods ect
My first time there was in NOV. It was amazing, and then created a list of accessories i wanted for my RZR- I had my tender springs changed to get my ground clearance back.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I plan to be in Moab the weekend before you! Cant wait...
Oh nice, this will be my first time there, my mom is taking her jeep out there again and invited me.. I am pretty excited, been spending alot of money to get ready, skid plates, high clearance radius rods ect
My first time there was in NOV. It was amazing, and then created a list of accessories i wanted for my RZR- I had my tender springs changed to get my ground clearance back.
I only have 300 miles on my rzr and the tenders on the rear are still holding up, they arnt fully compressed like others I have seen

·
Registered
182 Posts
Going in May for the rally, Will be a great time. Two years ago Did cliffhanger with my then stock 800 it was great fun but was a bit more than my stock RZR could take. Had to be winched up a time or two, but it was great to see the look on the faces of $60,000 rock crawlers that my little stock 800 was in the same place they were.:)

·
Old but not slow
3,175 Posts
Going in May for the rally, Will be a great time. Two years ago Did cliffhanger with my then stock 800 it was great fun but was a bit more than my stock RZR could take. Had to be winched up a time or two, but it was great to see the look on the faces of $60,000 rock crawlers that my little stock 800 was in the same place they were.:)
I did Cliffhanger in near stock 570. No winching required!

81 - 100 of 129 Posts