Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding for the 1st time sat and bottomed out all the time. What is a good economical way to add ground Clearence ? I have a standard 2009 rzr. A friend said a lift kit wouldn't help without getting bigger tires is this true????

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Went riding for the 1st time sat and bottomed out all the time. What is a good economical way to add ground Clearence ? I have a standard 2009 rzr. A friend said a lift kit wouldn't help without getting bigger tires is this true????
Just drop some new springs over the stock shock. There a few vendors that sell just the springs for a very reasonable price and that will improve your RZR stance, or height. If your smacking rocks cause you're rippin across tall boulders, than that's another issue, but even new springs will raise your rig a little. If you already have aftermarket shocks and not the Sachs, then a lift will help. racer tech has a nice 2" lift. I think it slightly changes the geometry of the A-Arms thus pushing the RZR up some, but you better check with Andy at Racertech to confirm that.

DevilDoc Junior

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
Just drop some new springs over the stock shock. There a few vendors that sell just the springs for a very reasonable price and that will improve your RZR stance, or height. If your smacking rocks cause you're rippin across tall boulders, than that's another issue, but even new springs will raise your rig a little. If you already have aftermarket shocks and not the Sachs, then a lift will help. racer tech has a nice 2" lift. I think it slightly changes the geometry of the A-Arms thus pushing the RZR up some, but you better check with Andy at Racertech to confirm that.

DevilDoc Junior
X2,, But I have the Racertech 2" lift and Aftermarket springs plus bigger tires. The springs will add some. The 2" lift will add 1 1/2"- 1 3/4" and the tires depending on the size will add some too. I have 26.5" pitbulls

·
Registered
140 Posts
Get some Highlifter springs and bigger tires easiest/best way..i had HL springs and 29.5s and could clear a 5gal bucket in front..

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Get some Highlifter springs and bigger tires easiest/best way..i had HL springs and 29.5s and could clear a 5gal bucket in front..
5 gal bucket? DAMN! That sounds like a mudder rig

DevilDoc Junior

·
Registered
97 Posts
New springs and racertech 2" lift. Worked great for me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
What kinda springs for a 2013 standard rzr. I have the racetech 2' lift and am also looking for more ground clearance. I'm gnna get 26' tires instead of 25' but would still like a few more inches of clearance!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2012 standard and use the Makin Trax springs but they are on back order right now. Racertech makes a good set for the standard RzR as well. You cant go wrong with either set. IMO

·
Registered
97 Posts
Prob an additional 2". Enough that many people will remove the lift after installing the springs. Get rid of the stock springs the difference is night and day, the ride is waaaaay better. Check out the suspension section of the site or search "springs" in the search tabs. There are several threads answering all of you questions. That is what I did when making my decision to purchase springs. Tons of good info on shocks as well. Many agree that the best first buy is to replace the stock suspension. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Economical? Add the quality springs.

Cheap? Slap a lift kit on.

Ideal? Premium shock and spring replacement.

Sooner or later? Quality rubber.

·
Banned
904 Posts
I agree with everyone else, but it really depends on the type rider you are. Trails, rocks, or mud. There is not one answer to fit all. I have 19.5" of clearance under the front of my RzR. I dont do a lot of trail riding or rocks either. I will eventually be getting additional tires so I can do rocks and hope I stay stable at my height. I built mine for mudding, and with the above mentioned ways, they would not go where I go..

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
I have a 2012 standard and use the Makin Trax springs but they are on back order right now. Racertech makes a good set for the standard RzR as well. You cant go wrong with either set. IMO
Chris is totally right. I have the Racertech HD springs over my stock shocks, and it was the best (and cheapest) upgrade i did for my suspension. I gained some ground clearance, the ride is so much better, the machine hangs on corners without so much body roll, it really is like night and day. In fact, once I dropped the new springs in, it took me a few hours of riding to get used to the different handling and feel, but I love it! :ride:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts