Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new 2012 RZR-S. When I am on a small incline and i change gears from park to reverse it grinds the gears before engaging. I am assuming this is not normal. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Is it all the way down to idle and you are holding the brake firmly?

Drew

H

·
0 Posts
Shouldnt grind but if you put it in park on a hill and let off the brake the trans will bind in park and require some force to move the shifter..is that what it's doing or do you actually hear trans gears clashing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, complete idle and holding the break. Grinds when on a hill either facing up or down. Sitting flat no grinding going between gears. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not a single clunk, it sounds like gears grinding for a few seconds spinning slowing down then it goes into gear. I feel like I am grinding down teeth. It sounds like the first time learning to drive a stick and the clutch is going out when you are 16.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Its not a single clunk, it sounds like gears grinding for a few seconds spinning slowing down then it goes into gear. I feel like I am grinding down teeth. It sounds like the first time learning to drive a stick and the clutch is going out when you are 16.
A parking brake is a good idea, but it will not help your situation. Have you changed any springs in the clutch?

Drew

H

·
0 Posts
Under warranty I assume? If so take it in to the dealer. Could be clutch alignment, idle too high or a few other things..the only doing it on a hill is strange though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts