Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being old, grumpy and sour - introducing Dinosour. What a great forum and a helluva resource this is - thank you all for being here and making it the place it is!

In quest for antidote to sourness, plunged with little or no hesitation into the deep end some time ago and harvested a 19’ S 1000 rebuild project from local Copart, sight unseen. :rolleyes: I have limited experience in ATVs, had never even sat in a SxS beforehand so what could possibly go wrong, eh?!

Here she stands as delivered: had been tango uniform as the driver side roll cage hints, a bit saggy rear tire, not too bad of an offset. Check oil (good, clean), liquids, turn key: brum-brum-brum. They didn’t even disconnect the battery. Forward-reverse, running and driving, all good. About 120 hours and 2,800 kilometres on the clock.

Does this qualify a separate thread or is this yet another boring rebuild story where nothing much interesting happens, outside a bit of wrenching? Care to hear more and see more pics…?

@SuperATV I believe I could use a discount code, as well… (provided that you’re happy to ship overseas)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the promo code, just placed an order for a part that will hopefully help writing the last chapter to the prologue - the end of the beginning is near!

This razor is likely to stay more on-road than see off-road, as these are street legal and quite popular among the youngsters. If I’m allowed by the Jr., I’d like to go out and rip a bit. :)

The small and smaller forest roads in Finland are abundant, stats say 75,000 miles maintained. The public technical trails, however, are far and few between, as far as I know. Maybe my fellow locals care to enlighten me, if you see this? Outside of those you’d need the landowners permission to rumble around. I think we’ll set ourselves a task to find the smallest possible road…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts