Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to instill confidence in people to be alright buying a used Rzr. Of course there is common sense to be applied when looking at them but there are alot of really nice Rzr's on sale out there and you shouldnt be opposed to buying used vs New. You can score a good deal and get some nice accessories you dont have to pay full price for. Lets hear your positive used stories.

·
Registered
762 Posts
OK, I'll go first. Bought a used 2011 RZR-S LE Carbon Fiber from a local dealership. Had 27 hours about 250 miles, a fresh oil change and new air filter. It looked NEW. A "older guy" had bought it, found out it took too much time taking all his grand kids for rides.

He traded it in for a RZR-4. It had brush guards, a roof and 1/2 windshield.

It now has close to 1000 miles and 107 hours and the stuff in my sig. Other than the clutch not releasing from time to time, I have learned how to deal with this, I love it. I probably saved about $1500 by buying a 3 month old rig.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Next; bought an 08 Red 50" Std RZR in Dec. 2010 with 21 hrs & 228 miles on it for $7250. It was completely stock, as built from the factory, with the exception of a Polaris street legal kit for AZ and a Dragon Fire rear frame stiffener/license plate holder. With low hours and a clean throttle body inspection this was a no brainer. Obviously a garage queen that was in need of a few additions, 9erMcBob now has 3000+ miles and:

SATV roof, SATV Rock Sliders, SATV parking brake, SATV steering dampener, Polaris rear roll bar additions, Polaris RZR S fender flares, Ryfab folding front windshield, Tusk roll up rear windscreen, EMP/Cooter Brown cargo bed cover, Grumpy mod with cargo bed heat shield, custom vinyl under seat block off, Holz rear view mirror, Tusk driver side mirror, Pro Armor Trail Doors with nets, Tiger H-style 5-point harness, Dalton Pro Clutch Kit, Universal triple-pass quiet muffler, Suzuki LTR 450/Yamaha YZ 125 shock/spring conversion, Viper 3000# winch, 1 1/2" wheel spacers front only, ITP SS212 wheels and Big Horn 27"X12" tires.

The results are we've now got a desert runner that puts a smile on our faces. It has over 10" of ground clearance, loaded, handles and rides way better than stock and fills our needs better than anything else out there. Always looking for that next addition to make our experience even better.

Da Blue Toad:redrzr:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I scored my 2009 "S" off Ebay. Basically bought it sight unseen except for the pic's. Boy was I nervous! It had 200 miles as advertised and as soon as I looked at it I knew it had never been anywhere near mud and was almost like in showroom condition! It came with Pro Armor doors and a spare tire mount.
I have had it now for over a year and added harnesses, a winch, MT springs and a stereo. Otherwise the machine has been trouble free.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Two years ago i bought an '08 for $6400. It was bone stock and had rolled over cracking the bed and fenders. No other damage and only a couple hundred miles. I bought new front plastic and used fiberglass and epoxy to repair the bed. Some high temp black paint and can't tell it was ever damaged. The only mechanical repairs I had to make was the addition of shims to stop the popping noise in the front wheels. Over the last couple years I have ridden it in four states and the Taylor Lake ride twice. I have added a top, windshield, rear window, lots of storage bags, front and rear winches, spare tire, shocks, springs, wheels and tires and more. It runs great and has never let me down. Never uses a drop of oil or other fluids. I take care of all the maintenance and repairs myself and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Bought a wrecked "10". Before I doled out the cash I pulled the cover off the air cleaner and it had a Uni filter on it. Took out the filter and there was dirt in the intake. What I was going to have in it I could afford an engine rebuild. Didnt need it, runs great and burns no oil. Guess I got lucky and I have less in a rebuilt "10" RZR than sold my "08" for.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bought a 2012 570 in August with 190 miles and 19 hrs on it. The previous owners wife had tipped it and scratched and put a hole in the front fender, but other than damage from this crash it was almost new. No accessories except a mirror, but the best part is I paid $7900 when the best deal I could find new after tax would have been close to $10,000. I have put another 230 miles on it and the more I ride it the more impressed I am with it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I would call mine very good , not great, but in 09 I got a used 08 for $8500. I could tell the bottom was totaly hammered, even dents in the frame. new SLP rock sliders and a take off skid,$25, covered up all the minor damage. saved 3k on the cost of a new one. also let me know these can take a pounding, very happy with my rzr.still have the same one.

·
Gooch
408 Posts
I bought a 6 month old red 2011 XP with 40 miles only driven in the subdivision,never offroad.Paid $12,700.It was like new.Found it on Ebay,the owner was relocating.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
In 2009 I set a max of $8000 for a second hand rzr and stuck with it for a few months and then found a 2009 on ebay. It had one of those "make offer" deals so I made one and shortly after was on my way to Rushford Minnesota. Couldn't be happier. IT wasn't perfect but mechanically, its been a rock. Now with a little over 2500 miles on it, and thousands of dollars worth of stuff, its still as much if not more fun than it was that first day home.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Well, I think I got a good deal, but would love to get some feedback. I had a 2004.5 Polaris Sportsman that had seen better days. I talked to a dealer and they said they would give me $2500 as a trade, which I thought was acceptable seeing similar ones on Craigslist around here.

The rzr belonged to a neighbor at our lake house and we were kicked back drinking a few cold ones when we started talking Toys. I told him I'd love to have a RZR, but needed to get rid of the Sportsman first. he told me he bought it to ride at his winter place in Florida, but the other residents all have jacked up golf carts and the RZR was frowned upon. He said he wanted an ATV to dink around n his property here and offered to take my ATV off my hands and asked that I add $2600. Yep, said that right, I've probably got $4600 into the purchase of this rzr. It was in good condition too, less that 400 miles on it. the only upgrades he had were the Beadlock Wheels and the 29.5 " Beadlocks. He also had 4 wake board speakers and an amp under the dash and a rack in the bed. It was well taken care of.

The only problem I've had so far is the winch failing. I need to get a new winch. I'm hoping to get the free one Moto Alliance is offering. If I make the top 4 PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!

The other thing is its kinda been a money pit. New doors, enclosures, tires, heater, etc, etc. hahaa

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I think I got a good deal, but would love to get some feedback. I had a 2004.5 Polaris Sportsman that had seen better days. I talked to a dealer and they said they would give me $2500 as a trade, which I thought was acceptable seeing similar ones on Craigslist around here.

The rzr belonged to a neighbor at our lake house and we were kicked back drinking a few cold ones when we started talking Toys. I told him I'd love to have a RZR, but needed to get rid of the Sportsman first. he told me he bought it to ride at his winter place in Florida, but the other residents all have jacked up golf carts and the RZR was frowned upon. He said he wanted an ATV to dink around n his property here and offered to take my ATV off my hands and asked that I add $2600. Yep, said that right, I've probably got $4600 into the purchase of this rzr. It was in good condition too, less that 400 miles on it. the only upgrades he had were the Beadlock Wheels and the 29.5 " Beadlocks. He also had 4 wake board speakers and an amp under the dash and a rack in the bed. It was well taken care of.

The only problem I've had so far is the winch failing. I need to get a new winch. I'm hoping to get the free one Moto Alliance is offering. If I make the top 4 PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!

The other thing is its kinda been a money pit. New doors, enclosures, tires, heater, etc, etc. hahaa
Sounds like a really good deal you got especially with low miles. Im not opposed to buying used if the deal is right and the rzr/car is not beat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts