Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just finished greasing my wheel bearings. Just rolled over 700 miles and it took over 30 pumps per wheel. I could immediately feel the difference when I took it down the street after for a ride. Just wanted to pass on the info and let y'all know that is recommend doing it. It only took like 20 min per wheel. I bought the bearing greasers that allows you to keep the axel in. I plan on doing it a few times a year from now on.

2017 XP4T

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ya they don’t seem to come packed with grease from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Berzerker
1,447 Posts
I plan on doing it a few times a year from now on.
If you didn't put too much in and compromise the seals you might never have to do it again until you decide to change the bearings. I greased mine at 1000 miles and decided at 5900 miles that bearings and bushings and ball joints needed to be replaced. The bearings were still full.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on doing it a few times a year from now on.
If you didn't put too much in and compromise the seals you might never have to do it again until you decide to change the bearings. I greased mine at 1000 miles and decided at 5900 miles that bearings and bushings and ball joints needed to be replaced. The bearings were still full.
I stopped pumping grease the second I could hear the grease coming through the seal. I was very conscious of not over filling them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good info, I've heard from others how dry the wheel bearings are, guess I better put this on the to-do list!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought the Havoc 44mm tool as well, it has 4 holes where grease comes out instead of one like some I’ve seen. 22 pumps after a dozen rides. 19’ XP4T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts