Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there in RZRforums.net land have a template for making a graphics kit? I really only need the sides.

Thanks.

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats kinda nebulous - be more specific about template, graphics and your end goal

A blank template (.eps, .cdr, .ai, .fs, etc.) so I can design some graphics for my personal RZR. I would work up my own, but I store it 250 miles away.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
was guessin that up front.
try an official vendor on this forum.
keep in mind i am not a site vendor. i did not step up to that line.
i make signs, and do design work but would never consider offering product here. site vendors (i presume) have met the requirements of the forum to be official vendors. (and i presume that includes $). id be a creep to try and sell a single sticker here or take revenue out their pocket.
as a sign shop i do have a template for razor. it took alot of time to produce. im the guy who did it but wont willy nilly hand it out.
right now i want doors for my ride but i wont call that nice guy at UTV and ask for his template. i did offer gladly to paty his site price for his doors realizing what it takes to keep his shop open. my 60' bucket trucks are $550 a month in insurance. plates now $1000. in the future i may produce RZR graphics but only supplying to an official site vendor.
your profile reads design engineer, try hobby lobby, tracing paper and a crayon - or...........
try an official vendor on this forum.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
sign shops have a ways with that, wont reveal.
i could smell that one way up front, deal with it every day, asking with certain code words.
every day we deal with people who what just about everything for free, use you knowing they are wasting your time, never intend to buy a sign and you realize they know some kid in jr high w/bootleg photoshop.
the really stupid ones throw out "my graphic guy" or "my designer"....instant flag. the worst though is to list to me all the software you are able to receive at home wow!
i have those too and recall how much just our macromedia $uite$ license wa$.
but that guy also listed corel (.cdr), seems odd. i have both too but would love to hear how he has such differing packages. anyone with all that didnt need a free template, they could do it.
because of such software we also require the hardware and a network as well.
9 times out of ten, not him mind you, they are drawing it in an engineering environment on company time with their screen turned away from the boss. if they are actually drawing at home at night all the software was stolen from work or their jr high neighbor but ultimately the crap they "designed" ends up at a sign shop and we begin dealing with it all over again but that that same person will never pop a dime for a killer layout.

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geesh, sorry this thread ruffled some feathers. I do some designwork on the side and was really looking to have someone with a template PRINT my own design for me. I was recently planning a purchase of a DS450 and had designed these up, all vector:

http://flemingdesignsolutions.com/DS450_Fleming.jpg

If someone would be willing to print MY OWN DESIGN using their template, let me know. I'm not really a fan of any of the current offerings out there. I don't own a sign shop, and don't have access to any printers/laminators or even a vinyl cutter.

Some examples of other crap I've designed, and had several other shops print.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
several other shops print.

omg, omg, omg, i did smell that one way up front, curious about those several relationships?

saying this in a very nice way, to this RZR guy or any one else, if you want to bypass a sign shop for whatever reason, try kinkos. they can do it. anyone, a 9 year old, can walk right up to the counter with a jumpy drive and ask them to press print. have your ducks in a row first.

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://flemingdesignsolutions.com/DS450_Fleming.jpg

saw the link, went to it - good work

curious how you can get a link to your services/ work and others cant

good work indeed - press print now - you are there

Thank you for the compliment.

I'm not on here advertising any kind of service. The link was simply to where I had uploaded the file months ago on my ftp. I will gladly change to a photobucket link if it makes you feel better. I came on here simply looking for a template so I can design my own set of graphics for my own personal RZR and have whoever gave me the template print the graphics for me. That's it. There is no underlying scheme or plan here. There are still decent people in this world without hidden agenda's, even if you don't want to believe it.

Yes, several other shops printed the graphics. I personally know all of the racers in the pics provided and did the artwork for free. It's a hobby. The artwork was then sent to the sign shop of THEIR choosing, and the rest was handled between the car owner and the sign shop.

Does my website have a portfolio of my work? Yes. Did I advertise or mention anything about these services in my post? No.

Perhaps if I had asked "Who will print some graphics for me?" you may not have gotten your panties all wadded up???

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
you are right - you put me in my place. tons of good talent out there just trying to make there rides better with what they have, be it welding skills, metalworking, engine knowledge or with a pc screen, many in pretty humble home garages.

recently to get a job i had to show proof of licenses. something about established tax paying shop office. it was part a Govt compliance to secure our D&B# to be able to work on the new Peoria Veteran Center as an approved vendor. plus or minus a few words. we even had to state that we had never produced any explosive devises!

send some proof of your software purchase/ license so i at least feel comfortable that you are not some hack working in your moms basement.
and i will share.

still curious your site offers design services, wraps, and graphics to the max, and you claim to own a RZR. why not take an hour and do it?

oh, mine is for '09 not '11 and we are eco-sol using 3M egress.

p.s. "panties all wadded up???" pennsyl. thing? all in good fun

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
sign shops have a ways with that, wont reveal.
i could smell that one way up front, deal with it every day, asking with certain code words.
every day we deal with people who what just about everything for free, use you knowing they are wasting your time, never intend to buy a sign and you realize they know some kid in jr high w/bootleg photoshop.
the really stupid ones throw out "my graphic guy" or "my designer"....instant flag. the worst though is to list to me all the software you are able to receive at home wow!
i have those too and recall how much just our macromedia $uite$ license wa$.
but that guy also listed corel (.cdr), seems odd. i have both too but would love to hear how he has such differing packages. anyone with all that didnt need a free template, they could do it.
because of such software we also require the hardware and a network as well.
9 times out of ten, not him mind you, they are drawing it in an engineering environment on company time with their screen turned away from the boss. if they are actually drawing at home at night all the software was stolen from work or their jr high neighbor but ultimately the crap they "designed" ends up at a sign shop and we begin dealing with it all over again but that that same person will never pop a dime for a killer layout.
Someone has their hormones in full song this morning don't we.

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why not take an hour and do it?
I would work up my own, but I store it 250 miles away.

We've both shared our points. My original question has been answered. And I feel it's time we all put this one to rest.

I think I will even have the thread deleted, since there is really no useful information in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.