Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new GPS that I can use in my RZR and also carry with me while out hunting...
I already have the Garmin Topo CD's so I'm leaning towards another Garmin product...
Suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
GPSMap 62S I use that in my RZR and as a handheld when geocaching. It is waterproof and has a belt clip or lanyard accessorie. You can load your topo maps onto it from your PC or purchase the maps on a micro SD and pop the card in the GPS. I just got City Navigator NT for mine. It does autorouting etc.. just like a Nuvi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also looking, and have thought the Garmin 62 series is the one to replace my old Map 60C (very small memory...kinda like me).
The features work for me, and as others have said, it is portable/handheld for hunting/climbing/geocaching (much larger memory).
Greg

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have an Oregon 450 that I really like. It's been thousands of miles on the dual sports, quads and hunting, always worked well. Had a Rino before that, I felt that the screen was too small, though the radio functions were nice. It could be real handy if you hunt with someone else with a Rino, you can see each others location.

You might look at the Montana, it is similar to the Oregon, but with a bigger screen, and some other improvements.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rhino 530 HCx is what you need if you hunt with buddies, mount a Ram holder on your dash and take off when out of the seat. Two way for communication that allows you to always know where the other guys are,, it works great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm new at using gps. I'm having very good luck with android phone and backcountry pro, ten dollar app . It seams to do every thing my friends gps do

·
Registered
258 Posts
The Rhino feature of seeing your buddy is very nice. However, the Rhino screen is smaller and the radio has significant less distance.

Look at the Oregon and Montana (a little bit more money). With the topo map loaded they are ideal for combined hunting and trail riding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just went through the same delima. I bought a Garmin Oregon at Cabelas, they have them on sale right now for $249.00 which is a great price. I bought a mount so I can put it on the dash of the RZR. I've used it for hunting so far and I love it. Super easy to use.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just went through the same delima. I bought a Garmin Oregon at Cabelas, they have them on sale right now for $249.00 which is a great price. I bought a mount so I can put it on the dash of the RZR. I've used it for hunting so far and I love it. Super easy to use.
I can't read the Oregon on the dash while driving.

Mine is sitting in the cup holder on a lanyard. I have to stop the RZR to read the GPS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info.
None of the guys I hunt with have Rhino's so I think I'll look at a different model...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On line they are $299.99

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have used a Garmin 60csx on a Kingquad for three years. I will transition that over to use with my new 570. It is very powerful, it has a big enough screen that you can see it well from your seat, you can save tracks, map them on your computer, and share them with others. I believe the newer version of this unit is a 62csx. You can get good prices around the internet. I think mine came from a boat place in New Jersey.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Garmin 60Csx if you can find one. They had better chipsets than their newer replacement models. I don't head into the forest, dunes, desert without mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts