Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my new 2018 rzr Turbo a little stuck in a mud pit/small pond. Water got in just below the seat bottom. Drove it out with the help of a winch from an ATV. Let is sit for 20 minutes then drove back to the trailer. It drove fine but the check engine light was still on after we got back. Don't want to cause any further damage. Not sure what to do next? Any help is appreciated. Thx!

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
Rottendiesel thanks for all your help LOL

Most likely you slipped the belt excessively when, presumably, you got the belt wet. That will throw a code.

BTW - it would really help us if you told us the code.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 205230 code is a "Loss of CAN between EPS and instrument cluster." The other code isn't in the manual at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did some research and found it has to do with the turbo boost. "It’s an overboost/underboost code." The 31 seems to indicate that the "condition exists" but doesn't say if it's over or under...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah you got it right. Water probably got in some connectors and tripped it out. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if everything is normal. Clear the codes and carry on.

The under/over boost code gets thrown with excessive belt slip btw. Nothing to worry about. I’d check your belt to make sure it’s not glazed or hourglassed, but chances are you’re fine.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
You got mud in the boost controller vent tube. This prevent the wastegate from opening causing an overboost code. Remove the vent tube on the boost controller and clean it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate the help. I'm gonna check out the things you guys suggested after I get her nice and cleaned up. Hopefully one of them does the trick!

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
You got mud in the boost controller vent tube. This prevent the wastegate from opening causing an overboost code. Remove the vent tube on the boost controller and clean it out.
Yep - X2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cleared the one code by just giving it a good washing. The 1127 code still exists though. Looked through the manual and nothing on the boost controller vent tube. Any clues to where that thing is?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found it and also discovered the most tricky hose clamp I'ver ever seen! What the heck is that thing? I figured it'd just be a screw on clamp. Is there a special tool to get that off? Any idea how to get that off or what the name of that clamp is so I can google it? Really appreciate the help guys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts