Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's too hot to go on any meaningful ride so I went out barefoot to the garage and sat in my Polaris, opened the garage door, fired it up and went "VROOM! VROOM!" a couple times like a little kid. Of course, I couldn't stop there so I had to take it up to the end of the dead end a couple times to jump over a little, single whoopdi. Neighbors must think I'm nuts.

VROOM! VROOM!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Yep! Think that is why we like working on them. More fun then sitting looking at them. Bet you feel better now.

·
GPS GURU
256 Posts
Spent all day yesterday working on cleaning up wiring in my buddy’s and cleaning mine and ripped around my loop as well, we rode to the river for the day Saturday. Brought a big shade and lots of beverages! Alas my friend night time riding will be here soon (Henderson) next Tuesday and Wednesday are gonna be beautiful! Think I feel a cough coming on!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Crazy...119 outside and smoky from all the fires. WTF! It’s September and the blow dryer should be losing power already. Sunrise is cool enough for a battery charging, gas stirring loop but any real ride risks death in the event of a mishap. Wednesday’s promising 89 degrees I’ll break heat quarantine if it’s not too windy.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Yeah, Bay Area is Smokey and it’s 111 here. I have stuff to install, but it’s too hot. So instead i’ll just talk about doing it. ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
True! I Do carry an InReach in case there’s no cell signal. I just hate the idea of a broken axle or dead battery being life-threatening due to excessive heat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spent all day yesterday working on cleaning up wiring in my buddy’s and cleaning mine and ripped around my loop as well, we rode to the river for the day Saturday. Brought a big shade and lots of beverages! Alas my friend night time riding will be here soon (Henderson) next Tuesday and Wednesday are gonna be beautiful! Think I feel a cough coming on! View attachment 657815
Indeed! Temps are dropping 30 degrees here. Looking forward to it. I've spent so much time in the pool, I am definitely water-logged. Looking forward to cooler weather to get some riding in.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I break the “never ride alone” rule 99% of the time. (OK and maybe the beer stops are breaking rules too)
I'm not a big beer drinker but there's nothing like having an ice-cold one out in the desert during break times while over looking a valley below.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never too hot for us, Never been over 100,° Been in the low 90s or mid 90s mostly for us this summer in Central Utah love it, To smoking today even if we could go riding due to wildfires we’re having.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
We cancelled tomorrows ride in Ely NV. because of smoke from CA. If we made it to a peak, we would not be able to see a mile down the road, let alone the valleys below.
Instead I will drive home to Bay Area, where it smokier, and hotter.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Lol, I was thinking that Weds would be a good day to take the turbo out, then I see a whole bunch of people have the same weather app..... One or two days of relief here in southern AZ. Ahhhhhh

Reactions: DaGoat and Dee Cee

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wow that is hot. When the temperature gets in the 80s we start complaining its too hot. It was in the 40s pretty much all day here in the UP and frost warnings next couple nights.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow that is hot. When the temperature gets in the 80s we start complaining its too hot. It was in the 40s pretty much all day here in the UP and frost warnings next couple nights.
It was supposed to hit 115 here today but smoke came in from California and dropped the high down to 108. Southern Nevada.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts