Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Passes the eyeball test and price seems pretty good. Get the VIN and call a dealer to run a check on warranty claims. If you can get the name/phone # of the previous owner, who will not have a dog in the hunt, give you the low down on the machine it may prove very beneficial. I presume you are close enough to warrant a trip to check it out without a commitment to buy. I would pull the airfilter and check the inside of the throttle body boot/butterfly valve to look for any dirt residue; the presence of dirt increases the risk that the motor may have a need to be overhauled.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the dealer and he gave me a rundown on the owner and stuff. Seems this dealership did all the mods and service. The original owner was an older gentleman with lots of money and he thought he wanted an 800 but traded in for an 900...Does that sound fishy or just a motivated owner to get a better RZR?

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
I talked to the dealer and he gave me a rundown on the owner and stuff. Seems this dealership did all the mods and service. The original owner was an older gentleman with lots of money and he thought he wanted an 800 but traded in for an 900...Does that sound fishy or just a motivated owner to get a better RZR?
Sounds reasonable to me...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
seems like a good price, and machine, make sure the dealer can show you a clear title, i made that mistake one time (believing the dealer) and found out there was a loan on it from the first owner , man what a hassel , worked out OK but live and learn. just check it out real good.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
EPS is DEFINITELY worth it!!! Yes, you can ride well without one, but when in the rough stuff they will shine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts