Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a plain jane 570 trail. My intentions were to buy a bigger machine. But I live in New York State and the machine has to weigh under 1000 pounds. To be legally registered. It really sucks that they haven’t change the law yet. The salesman at the dealership told me they sell a lot of the bigger machines. But it is ride at your own risk. So if you have a mishap and you injure someone or have property damage. You might have insurance but if you are not legally registered. And they write you up for it. What do you think the insurance company is going to say. I believe they probably wouldn’t except a claim under those circumstances. So hopefully I will enjoy the 570. And maybe down the road they will change the weight limit. And I will have more choices for what type of ride I want. Thank you for allowing me to vent. LOL

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
82 Posts
I would have bought a bigger machine, and just not drove it in NY State.

i live in Ohio. While we do have the freedom to ride here, there just isn’t anywhere in Ohio worthing going to. Most places are too small and you would be bored within a couple hours.

We travel to Indiana (3.5 hrs), Pennsylvania (4.5-5 hrs),Kentucky (4 hrs), Michigan (5 hrs) Tennessee (6 hrs), and (West Virginia (7 hrs).

All places are worth the trip, as we usually stay and ride multiple days and lots of miles without riding the same trails over and over all day. Except for the sand dunes in Michigan.

Beyond that, welcome to the addiction.

My name is Kevin, and I am an off-road addict. It’s been 12 days since my last ride. Next ride is not for another 18 days and it’s killing me. I need another fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin. I wish I could travel a lot to off road. I am retired and it could get pretty expensive lodging unless I camped. Sure sounds like a lot of fun going to all the trails. I’ll try this for a while and see how I like it. Maybe down the road I might do things differently. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
976 Posts
UTV'S are an absolute blast

Wear a helmet and your seatbelt.
Have fun

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
I just ordered a plain jane 570 trail. My intentions were to buy a bigger machine. But I live in New York State and the machine has to weigh under 1000 pounds. To be legally registered. It really sucks that they haven’t change the law yet. The salesman at the dealership told me they sell a lot of the bigger machines. But it is ride at your own risk. So if you have a mishap and you injure someone or have property damage. You might have insurance but if you are not legally registered. And they write you up for it. What do you think the insurance company is going to say. I believe they probably wouldn’t except a claim under those circumstances. So hopefully I will enjoy the 570. And maybe down the road they will change the weight limit. And I will have more choices for what type of ride I want. Thank you for allowing me to vent. LOL
I'm so sorry about your problem. Glad I live in Arizona and don't have to deal with that BS. I have S 1000 registered to drive on the street. All that's required is brake lights, some type of rearview mirror and a windshield or wear goggles. Insurance and registration are cheap too. Along with all that there are literally hundreds of trails to ride on.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
173 Posts
Wow you can drive on the street. The state laws here really suck. No wonder everybody wants to move out of New York. i’m retired maybe I should start thinking about it myself.
I would think the snow would be enough to leave.

I don't do drugs and I sure DON'T do snow...

·
Registered
2016 RZR 1000 S (White Lightning)
139 Posts
NH is a great place to ride and retire to.... Enjoy your 570 as I see many of them out on the trails and you will have a lot of fun with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NH is a great place to ride and retire to.... Enjoy your 570 as I see many of them out on the trails and you will have a lot of fun with it.
I have a friend that has a son that lives in New Hampshire. I will ask him when he comes up next time if he rides. Thanks I will try to enjoy it when it comes in. Hopefully soon. If the lake gets frozen I would like to do some riding there.

·
Registered
2016 RZR 1000 S (White Lightning)
139 Posts
I have a friend that has a son that lives in New Hampshire. I will ask him when he comes up next time if he rides. Thanks I will try to enjoy it when it comes in. Hopefully soon. If the lake gets frozen I would like to do some riding there.
Jericho Park and a few rail trails are open year round. Ride the wilds has about 1000 miles on connecting trails. You would not be bored~

·
Registered
21 Turbo S, 18 XPT Dynamix, 18 XP 1K
159 Posts
I could never live in a state that tells me which UTV that I can have. Far too addicted to the stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome ! I live in upstate NY and there are plenty of places to ride. I have a 1k as do most of the guys I ride with. Depending where in NY you are there are tons of awesome trails that are UTV friendly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome ! I live in upstate NY and there are plenty of places to ride. I have a 1k as do most of the guys I ride with. Depending where in NY you are there are tons of awesome trails that are UTV friendly.
I only live 45 minutes from tug Hill. I used to ride my ATV four wheeler up there years ago. That’s probably were I will end up riding.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I only live 45 minutes from tug Hill. I used to ride my ATV four wheeler up there years ago. That’s probably were I will end up riding.
I’m out towards the capital region but we go to tug all the time. Trail pass is only 35$ I believe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m out towards the capital region but we go to tug all the time. Trail pass is only 35$ I believe
I think you can pay for a flat fee for the year. I will have to get back on the site and look. I am near Watertown.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts