Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try running 24-11-12 & 24-9-12 for the sand. Didnt like the ITP paddles slowed down with them. My 26' dirt tamers aired down do ok. The smaller tires shouldnt work the engine as hard and pull the hills better. Last year I used my junk skock tires did pretty good. My paddles slowed me down going to sell them. Any idles on it before I buy a set.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Sounds like a plan ! Let us know how that works for you. :)

I see you're from Rosamond. Get up to Cal City much?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a plan ! Let us know how that works for you. :)

I see you're from Rosamond. Get up to Cal City much?
Yes Jim, We do day or weekend trips alot. We been going out in that area for about 35 years. We have more fun with the RZR now. I'll post the next time we go. We are going to Dumont at the end of the month.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
[.... I'll post the next time we go.
I'll do the same. We will be out there Thanksgiving for sure, but I'm trying to line up a trip in between. Tomorrow night I'm headed over to Barstow for the Powder Puff Race for Breast Cancer. Should have great weather.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the 24" mud's with some lugs cut down will work better in the sand. You need some tire spin to run faster in the dunes. To me the 26" paddles hold you back with a stock motor RZR at Dumont. The sand eats horsepower thats way I am trying different things to help no horsepower. I had to work hard to keep up with friends with aired down Bighorns.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
X2 on the skats the ITP are a really heavy set up. For a stock machine some 7 paddles and smoothies is a really popular combo that doesn't take too much from the top end.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Where at Barstow???
Per-race inspection Friday by the outlet stores and the course is right down the road at the OHV park. I think it goes over to Slash-X and back, not sure.

There will be a BBQ and a Band, should be fun.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
The sand eats HP when you have to much rolling resistance and not enough flotation.Wrong tires - Sand Stars !!!!

Its flotation you need, not smaller tires. I run tires that measure 28" paddle tip to paddle tip on a bone stock engine and pulls them just fine.

Ask Allcool, UTV tech, Doc Zoom, UTV offroad, EPI Chad, Glamis Pilot, and multiple other members who have duned with me with the larger tires.

Its not the tire size, its rolling resistance (paddle count) and tire weight that cause you trouble in the sand.

"Largest in stock selection of sand tires anywhere"

Dave - FSS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts