Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dealer called me and said they got me invited to research and marketing group discussion next week with polaris. I get to sit down at a round table with other rzr owners and we get to tell our pros and cons on the rzr. the best part is i get paid 200.00 at the end of the group discussion meeting.not bad for 3 hrs of talking and telling polaris what we like and dont like. i have a few things i am going to tell them myself. does anyone seriously have any things they could do to improve the rzr for next yr ? i am making a list of things and will look for some of the things i have read on here to talk to the research and marketing meeting next thur.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i thought so too. but the dealer told me ahaead of time if it was ok for them to call me and if i would like to go. i got the info by email today and talked to them, its says they just wantt o tak to consumers who owned rzr and rangers. hey i cn walk out if i need to but i dont think my deaker would get me in this if it was a sales pitch or any thing bad.my dealer is pretty cool and hates sales scams.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iam going to talk to my dealer next week tio look into it more but hey if it what it is then maybe i can tell them what i think and walk ouit with 200.00

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tell them to ditch the belt/clutch set up and design a solid gear to gear drive-train Like the older ATV's where you can shift the gears. Or at the very least redesign the current set up to where you can shift from high to low and vise versa on the fly instead of having to come to a stop.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snick very good point. i hate having to stop to go from high to low. when trail riding i find myself stopping all the time to go from high to low.I wander are alot people still having their belt brake around 30 hrs ?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Tell them to setup a message board at Polaris for Polaris OWNERS your login can be any name you want your password will be your machines serial number so they know exactly who you are and exactly what units are having problem or needing changes.

Owners can go right to the source for questions and product suggestions.

They dont need to hire some market research group they need to listen to the customers and collect complaints suggestions and ideas quickly as possible, to hire a market research company seems like your trying to hide from the customer, are they scared of their customers or something?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tell them to ditch the belt/clutch set up and design a solid gear to gear drive-train Like the older ATV's where you can shift the gears. Or at the very least redesign the current set up to where you can shift from high to low and vise versa on the fly instead of having to come to a stop.
That would be awesome....+1 to that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have participated in similar groups for other types of products. Polaris will be spending a good chunk of change and will listen to what your group has to say. Telling them how great their machine is will be wasting their time. Tell them what they need to change to make their product better.

G

·
That would be awesome....+1 to that.
Maybe offer a 3 or 4 speed manual with a clutch...that would be fun IMO but could get old depending on how you ride. Maybe offer a choice of Manual or CVT.

Unfortunately there is no practical(read cost effective) way to set up the current CVTto shift from hi to lo and vice versa on the fly...the gear ratio change is way to wide. It would be like shifint the transfer case from high range to low range and vice versa on the fly in a 4x4 truck..how many trucks do you know of that are designed to do that? I know of 0.
Shifting from low to high wouldn't be bad...but high to low could be quite interesting and hard on parts. I guess they could have it speed limited...but now we are talking about an expensive set up...to do it right would likely add 30% or more to the cost of the machine. JMO
I agree stopping can be a pain depending on where you are riding and how often you need to shift. On my OUtty I was able to shift back and forth from a very slow roll...not designed to do that but using care and practice it could be done and just being able to shift without coming to a dead stop was nice. No such luck with the RZR t-case..if I am not dead stopped it grinds.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have participated in similar groups for other types of products. Polaris will be spending a good chunk of change and will listen to what your group has to say. Telling them how great their machine is will be wasting their time. Tell them what they need to change to make their product better.
One of the major design flaws that needs corrected ASAP is the amount of dirt dust snow mud water that ends up in the lap of the driver and inside the air box.

Seal up the gaps between the fire wall and the body so you dont have 1" diameter rocks landing in your lap.

Prefilter the air going into the air box so you dont have sand pour out when you remove the lid on the air box, keeps the clutches clean too.

Improve front plastics so every time you turn the steering wheel its not throwing stuff in the cab.

Pay closer attention to detail on everything including bolt torque, I have gound bolts that were barley snug on one side of the machine then the same bolts on the other side I had to use a 1/2" impact gun to break them loose, one side I found all the body screws stripped out and the other side they were ok.

Something has to be done with quality control it looks like they have none.

The whole wiring harness looks like it was installed by someone in highschool, parts of the harness pulled tight as a E string on a violin and other parts sagging and making contact with the exhaust system, low quality wire ties to secure a wiring harness for use off road you better take a look at what other MFG's are doing, I suggest HONDA havent had a wiring problem on their machines after 35+ years of ownership.

Unsealed unprotected electrical connections like on the brake switch that is same or less quality than the china buggys have.

Twice your .02 sheet metal screws holding my battery in place came loose now I have locktite them they seem to be holding, sheet metal screw into sheet metal to secure a battery, china quality at its best.

Do something better than a thin tube sandwich between a bolt and nut.

Shifter cable rubbing the drive shaft not even sure how that could possibly pass the design department.

Belt is rubbing on the belt guard I will have a hole their soon

ECM harness is in a huge strain just from gravity alone.

Radiator hose rubbing the frame

Why are we heating the gas tank? Pic also shows aluminum rubbing on steel with dirt and sand packed between them

Only some of the gas tank is protected from abrasion some places its still metal to plastic and signs of wearing a hole in the tank.

Wrong size hose clamp installed hose slides right off you smell raw gas leaking from connection.

Wrong hose clamp installed on radiator leaks coolant coolant level found low on 3 different RZR's this has been the wrong clamp for a long time.
Found same problem on 2009 RZR-S and a 2008 RZR 2010 RZR-S

Sheet metal screws keep coming loose battery hold down.

Battery box fills up with crap and it tries to wear a hole in your battery

Lid on the tool box does not seal.

Give me 200 bux for gas I will drive my RZR right to the factory and show them in person all kinds of things that needs refined, I would love to spend a few days going over this thing with the design guys.

I have seen much more on this thing most vendors has pointed out the problems with their LONG list of fixes (parts) to cure most the minor design flaws.

·
Registered
466 Posts
1) What about a parking brake? I've install the one off ebay for $95.00. Its cool because when you step on the brake it automatically releases..
2) How about better fenders so they dont get caught on the brush.
3) How about offer more colors offered than just blue and black. Black shows alot of scratches.
4) Stock doors so when your riding in the mud the left side of your body (leg) does not get wet. The nets do not help this at all.
5) Most IMPORTANT how about ENGINE BRAKING such as what is on the Sportsman 800. Active Decent Control with a double clutch. Its very annoying to give it gas when going down a step hill with rocks and have the transmission engage as your trying to slow down. I have to use the left foot on the brake and right foot on the gas when going down moderate to steep hills.
6) An automatic transmission such as what a car has or Honda on their Rincons. D1, D2 or manual shift.

The above are just ideas and no way am I slamming my RZR 4. It is great machine and it can only getter better in the years to come.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I almost forgot who's bright idea was it to install a grease fitting on the top of the A-arm. When you install the Polaris 3500lb winch your cannot grease it..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
seems they could save a bunch of money and just read this forum.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good stuff. i totaly forgot aout the parking brake. that is something for sure we should have got. it couldnt cost that much more for the safety it would provied. just added that to my list. the lady called back to confirm ne i was still coming and yes someone in our group will be there from polaris but its not a bitch session she said. they just want to hear ideras to make the rzr better and i will type all this up and print it and discuss it with the group. the best part is this isnt a gift certifatce to use at polaris is it ? she said no 200.00 cash will be giving to all of us for our time. when i get done thur night i will post who and what was said there. Oh by the way iam wearing my black rzr forums polo shirt to the meeting. i will be telling them to check this forum out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts