Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to get a go pro and mount cr the RZR. Which one would be a good choice and do the come with the mount.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
491 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
You defiantly want to get the Hero 7 Black. It's internal Image stabilization is awesome and video quality is great. As long as your not bouncing over boulders at high speed you will get a pretty stable video. They make various mounts for different diameter bars.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would recommend waiting a couple of weeks. The Hero 8 Black is in pre-order and it has some new cool features.

·
Registered
154 Posts
GoPro’s release very frequently. It seems like just yesterday I bought the Hero 5 with 4k.

You can purchase chest rigs, hat clips, full head rigs, or I’m sure you can find sturdy mounts for the roll cage.

Be sure to grab you an extra battery or two, and try to utilize a charger as much as possible. Battery drains quicker than you think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use Ram mounts on just about everything. Go pro, phone, gps, etc. They are awesome. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up ordering the Hero 7 package off amazon that has a bunch of accessories so I’ll see what all it come with and if needed I’ll order a roll bar mount. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Really tempted to upgrade to the Hero 7, for the stabilization. Been hearing they are having a lot of problems with it though. Overheating, battery usage etc.

I've had zero issues with my Hero 4 Silver...so I'll probably wait a while.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Yes, you can use the Gopro with it's usb type charging cable plugged into a cigarette lighter adapter of the correct usb type as your cable. With the Hero 7 black 12v to 5v works, and I believe I read somewhere at 12v a little over 1amp was working. Apparently it won't charge the battery while recording so it will use the gopro battery birst down to about 3% then use external power or you can just use external power with the gopro battery removed. There are some issues people have had with freezing while connected to external power, some have solved this by turning wifi and other features they aren't using off, others have cut the end of the charging cable off and only used the + and - wires to hard wire it to the vehicle power source and it removed those issues also.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-External-Power-Issue/m-p/270161

1 - 15 of 15 Posts