Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is having trouble getting videos from the GoPro Hero2 HD to youtube.
It takes sometimes 12 hours to upload.
How do you guys get videos to download faster?
He is doing it direct from the camera.

Doug

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
First off it's better to copy the file from the GoPro unit to the computer. Once you have the file downloaded to your computer or copied to your computer,you can then upload it to YouTube.
Video will always upload quicker directly from the computer rather than from the GoPro unit.
Another reason I maybe taking a long time to upload video is the file might be a really big, if you take video longer than a minute or two it takes a long time to upload.
Another reason not to take longer videos in a minute or 2 for you tube is they get to be very boring.
Nobody wants to sit around and watch a 10 or 20 minute video of someone else trail riding.
I hope this information helps out if you need any more information you can PM your telephone number and I can tell you the rest of the story.

·
Banned
904 Posts
X2....

If I try to upload video from my cell to you tube, it usuallys wont happen or takes 10 hrs (i stop it before this lol). Copy it to my computer and then upload, it takes about 1.5 minutes...

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The first time I uploaded to YouTube it took 23 hours. I've learned to not save the file in HD but to save it to computer quality instead. Even this can take 6 or 7 hours to load. Saving it to E mail quality makes it load really quickly (maybe 30 minutes) but quality is poor. I use Windows Live Movie Maker to edit videos down to 4 to 6 minutes, recently did a 21 minute video which is way too long to watch unless you have drinks and snacks at your reach when you start watching the video.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts