Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months back I asked about aftermarket exhausts and if they were worth the cost on the XP non-turbo models.
Well I ended up pulling the trigger on a Gibson dual exhaust. Installed today.

My personal results....gained another 2 mph top end, 150 rpm increase at full throttle and top speed. Much quicker throttle response in low through the mid range. Haven’t done the 0-60 tests yet as it’s too busy out with other cars to get consistent runs.

As for decibels and sound. Deeper throatier sound (I like it). Noise level in the seat. 2 decibels quieter at idle, 1 decibel quieter at 5000 rpm. 20” test (which is what the park service uses to test) 3 decibels quieter at idle. By myself so not able to do the 4000 rpm at 20”. At full throttle (done while driving not at idle) same as stock. 95 decibels.

Looks Far cooler then the stock exhaust and cover. Sounds far better then stock, performance yes small increase in top speed, increase in rpm to correct shift points at top speed. Quicker response in low and mid range. Worth the 550.00 shipped? IMO, Yes! I also relocated the license plate from under the drivers side tail light. Mounted to the “beauty plate” also rerouted the wiring for the license plate light as well. Just below the plate now on the “beauty plate”
No rattles, no extra noises. Simply bad ass!

·
Registered
88 Posts
nice.
now you're gonna need a bumper to protect that pretty addition.
what's another 50 pounds then?
😀

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,200 Posts
When you say you “gained another 2mph too end”.... did you not have enough power to hit the speed / top end rev limit before? And you still don’t? Or are you saying you gained another 2 mph over a given distance?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All the additional weight with all the mods I have added kept me from hitting the rev limiter. Now I am hitting 8000-8050rpm. Right where the sweet spot should be for the power curve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts