Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I find myself scratching my head again. Although Polaris hasn't done much to help me out (yet) on my one POS machine, I was thinking I might get rid of it and get a new machine. I feel crazy for thinking about it after my current experience but that's what I'm thinking. Would you get an S or a 4? I think the 4's are pretty cool/practical for hauling camping gear but being used to my little guy, im not sure the larger machine would be as fun/capable??? What would you get? Is the 4 any easier to street legalize? We live in MN where the shorty is impossible to license

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Hi everyone, I find myself scratching my head again. Although Polaris hasn't done much to help me out (yet) on my one POS machine, I was thinking I might get rid of it and get a new machine. I feel crazy for thinking about it after my current experience but that's what I'm thinking. Would you get an S or a 4? I think the 4's are pretty cool/practical for hauling camping gear but being used to my little guy, im not sure the larger machine would be as fun/capable??? What would you get? Is the 4 any easier to street legalize? We live in MN where the shorty is impossible to license
The 4 is really nice because of the added flexibility of that second row. Obviously it allows the occasional extra people or gear.

Also, the biggest difference between the "S" and the "4" is the length. The motor is similar and the suspension is similar. Obviously size may be an issue, but the added wheelbase on the "4" adds to a more refined ride in my opinion.

You just gotta ask yourself if you need the extra size/space, can you store/transport it, etc.....

I don't see there being a difference in street legalling of the 2. In AZ, they are all streetable and neither is easier than the other.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
What is your current machine by Polaris that has given you problems?

The 4 is a pretty impressive machine. If you have kids it is the best machine out there and safest compared to 4 seater rhino, Teryx, Ranger, etc. If you never think you will have more than one rider than save some money and buy the S. I wish I had the Rzr 4 with a turbo or weber in there.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We just took our RZR-4 on Hells Revenge in Moab yesterday, and it is a climbing machine that was amazing on the trails. The only time I would see having the extra length would be a problem is in very tight switchbacks. But I climbed obstacles that my brothers RZR-S was too short.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts