Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I threw some generic wiring schematics together on how I would (or did) wire my RZR based on the most common wiring questions I’ve seen on the forum. I tried to keep everything simple with Bosch style relays, the most typical 5-pin rocker switches I’ve used, and the front accessory posts (busbar) that a lot of SxS owners tend to gravitate toward when they start installing accessories. I figured the schematics (pictures) would be easier to follow than words.

To caveat, I have a background in electrical. But, I’m not an expert electrician and I’m not infallible. If anyone sees any errors/issues, please let me know and I’ll edit accordingly. Suffice it to say, it’s not all inclusive, actual wiring requirements will vary and you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions. But, hopefully it helps simplify things.

With all that said, I’d like to see wiring schematics from other RZR owners with more advanced electrical systems to include fuse blocks, parallel battery w/isolator, etc. I used Excel to build these schematics and then converted them to JPEG. But if you lack that capability, draw it on a bar napkin, take a picture, and message me. I’ll build the schematic if I can.

Busbar Wiring Example - No Relay.jpg Busbar Wiring - with Keyed Relay.jpg 15A Accessory - No Key.jpg 30A Accessory - No Key.jpg 30A Accessory with Keyed Relay.jpg Fuse Block Wiring Examples.jpg

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR S 1000
330 Posts
Your schematics are very good. This should help folks understand how to wire their accessories.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your schematics are very good. This should help folks understand how to wire their accessories.
Well, I've seen your wiring. It's damn nice. You need to post a schematic on that.

Reactions: EricB

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR S 1000
330 Posts
Well, I've seen your wiring. It's damn nice. You need to post a schematic on that.
All that is in my head. I don't know if I could get that down on paper. I've got 10+ years electrical experience from the Air Force. I really cringe at some of the wiring I see here. This is not a put down, but so many folks here are clueless on working with 12v wiring.

Good examples like yours should really help. I've saved your post and will reference it when I see folks heeding help.

I really encourage folks installing a fuse block. It really make wiring these things so much easier.

Reactions: SoonerRC

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All that is in my head. I don't know if I could get that down on paper. I've got 10+ years electrical experience from the Air Force. I really cringe at some of the wiring I see here. This is not a put down, but s many folks here are clueless on working with 12v wiring.

Good examples like yours should really help. I've save your post and reference it when I see folks heeding help.

I really encourage folks installing a fuse block. It really make wiring these things so much easier.
Most of my wiring experience was from working AGE in the Air Force. I probably cringe at the same posts you're referring to. LOL

Reactions: EricB

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks good for the basics.

May want to include how to wire up a winch (both contactor and 7 pin dash switch), that seems to be a popular issue as well.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR S 1000
330 Posts
Most of my wiring experience was from working AGE in the Air Force. I probably cringe at the same posts you're referring to. LOL
The only AGE equipment I worked was the MD4 (if my memory's correct) motor/generator. We used it to convert 60hz to 400hz for the Bomb Scoring Radar/ECM radars.

Cringe is the right word for some of the wiring here.

Reactions: SoonerRC
1 - 8 of 8 Posts