Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
2 seater 12% all gears didn't know there was any other way
You have the same options as most others.

*percentages may be off-I don’t know how they come out in the spreadsheet-so everything is “ish” to give you an idea
12% overall
21% low only
26% overall
33 low 12 high and reverse
47 low 26 high and reverse

all depends on tire size and what kind of riding you’re doing

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have the same options as most others.

*percentages may be off-I don’t know how they come out in the spreadsheet-so everything is “ish” to give you an idea
12% overall
21% low only
26% overall
33 low 12 high and reverse
47 low 26 high and reverse

all depends on tire size and what kind of riding you’re doing
The 33 low and 12 high and rev sounds good too LOL but i'm sure the 12 overall would work just fine. I'm running 40" tires with 45% portals now. just wanting a little more ump. Bike is all stock other then HL A-arm and 6" portals. Another question what transmission fluid do you run? Thank you for the help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for advice on percentage of gear reduction for a 2019 XP Turbo w/ 32" tires and may one day try some 35's as I do have forward offset front A arms. I do roughly 50% trail riding mixed with 25% rock crawling and 25% steep hill climbs. I am debating the 36.36% low/12.29% high versus the 53.67% low/26.54% high. I wish the 36/12 had a little lower high gear like the 53/26 and wish the 53/26 had a little higher lower gear...like a 36/26 would be perfect! Do I go big with the 53/26 or error on the side of caution with the 36/12? I guess it all depends on the tire size.

Anyone on 32's with the 53/26 and feel that it's too low?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone found any gearing for a '21 pro xp 4 other than Super ATV's 12% across the board reduction? A buddy just did Specialized's 27% on his 1000 xp4 and im looking for something similar. Like everyone else my low just isn't low enough.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Question for the group... What is available for the General XP4 when it comes to gear reductions, turf mode deletes?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Has anyone found any gearing for a '21 pro xp 4 other than Super ATV's 12% across the board reduction? A buddy just did Specialized's 27% on his 1000 xp4 and im looking for something similar. Like everyone else my low just isn't low enough.
You can put the ranger low gear set in it as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking for advice on percentage of gear reduction for a 2019 XP Turbo w/ 32" tires and may one day try some 35's as I do have forward offset front A arms. I do roughly 50% trail riding mixed with 25% rock crawling and 25% steep hill climbs. I am debating the 36.36% low/12.29% high versus the 53.67% low/26.54% high. I wish the 36/12 had a little lower high gear like the 53/26 and wish the 53/26 had a little higher lower gear...like a 36/26 would be perfect! Do I go big with the 53/26 or error on the side of caution with the 36/12? I guess it all depends on the tire size.

Anyone on 32's with the 53/26 and feel that it's too low?
I did the 36%/12% reduction on an 18' XPT2 running 35s and love it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your plan is to run 35-37s 53% would work well, definitely not too much reduction. The pro trans is almost identical to the XPT trans in gearing. I am verifying tooth counts but have not heard of any differences. So the % reductions are the same.

If anyone knows of any differences in tooth counts please let me know. It's kinda hard to get people to take apart a brand new machine 🤣
Hey Joe, I'm looking for the tooth counts on a 20' Pro XP 2 seat. I don't see them in the master spreadsheet. I used all this info to regear my 18 XPT and love it. Now looking to do the same for the Pro. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Hey Joe, I'm looking for the tooth counts on a 20' Pro XP 2 seat. I don't see them in the master spreadsheet. I used all this info to regear my 18 XPT and love it. Now looking to do the same for the Pro. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
I have been meaning to update the spreadsheet with the new models but have not had the time. Hopefully I can find the time shortly. What are you wanting to gear it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been meaning to update the spreadsheet with the new models but have not had the time. Hopefully I can find the time shortly. What are you wanting to gear it?
I went with the Ranger low gear set & Ace 570 on an 18’ XPT 2 seat to get the 36/12% reduction and I love it running 35s. I’d like to end up close to similar ratios on the Pro. Thanks for the info when you have time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up doing the 53.67% low/26.54% high on my 19 XP turbo & I really like it. My only complaint is with the clutching. It had an Aftermarket Assassins Stage 3 clutch with 1024 helix previously so I left it in & added clutch weights. It just seems to slip for the lack of a better word. For instance, before on asphalt from a 10 mph roll, it would lift the front tires & accelerate hard. Now, it doesn't do that & feels lazy.

Should I go back to the stock helix? Stock springs? Different springs?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts