Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm needing to do a gear reduction on my pro xp. I bought it with 44 miles on it and the guy had already reduced low per air dams specs as he wss going to have air damn build the clutches. I'm shooting to reduce high range 25% and low 36 or 38%. Im building my pro as a trail rig/advertising for my business running some 37s with a 72" long arm kit. If I do any racing I'll drop to 35s adjust clutch and send it.

If I can help on getting tooth counts on at least high range, let me know. I think he did a 12% reduction in low. It's not crazy low but can tell a difference over my buddies pro.

·
Super Moderator
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If I can help on getting tooth counts on at least high range, let me know. I think he did a 12% reduction in low. It's not crazy low but can tell a difference over my buddies pro.
You need to know exactly what gears were changed before deciding on how to proceed. There is no option to reduce a 2 seater low only gear by 12%. The possible combinations are listed on the previous page.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need to know exactly what gears were changed before deciding on how to proceed. There is no option to reduce a 2 seater low only gear by 12%. The possible combinations are listed on the previous page.
I had a dyslexic moment. I meant 21%.

If I entirely replace them both, is this gearing possible on the pro xp? I was told the 53% is actually more like 35 or 38% is that true because 53% might be a tad too much lol

Ranger low gear set & Ace 325
#3235450 48T Stage 2 Gear
#3235451 25T Reverse Gear Shaft
#3235232 67T Low Gear
#3236132 25T Low Gear
Net reduction: 53.67% Low : 26.54% H & R

·
Super Moderator
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If your plan is to run 35-37s 53% would work well, definitely not too much reduction. The pro trans is almost identical to the XPT trans in gearing. I am verifying tooth counts but have not heard of any differences. So the % reductions are the same.

If anyone knows of any differences in tooth counts please let me know. It's kinda hard to get people to take apart a brand new machine 🤣

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your plan is to run 35-37s 53% would work well, definitely not too much reduction. The pro trans is almost identical to the XPT trans in gearing. I am verifying tooth counts but have not heard of any differences. So the % reductions are the same.

If anyone knows of any differences in tooth counts please let me know. It's kinda hard to get people to take apart a brand new machine 🤣
If you'd like, I could video call you when I tear mine apart. Only thing I'm not 100% sure on is what they changed in low but I'm 99% sure he just did the 21% for low only.

I'm going to order the gears to do the 53% L and 25% H. Are those 4 part #s all I will need other than some sealant. Lol

·
Super Moderator
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Those part #s are all you need. Use Permatex grey for the case sealant. If you could write down the tooth counts for each gear it would be a huge help. I can enter them into the spreadsheet so everyone has them moving forward. I can PM my number you you like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RZR_Joe, thanks for putting all this info together. And thanks to all the others that helped. I'm ordering the parts to do my '20 xp4t s, I'm going with the following from your tables:

XPT2 low gear set & Ace 325
#3235450 48T Stage 2 Gear
#3235451 25T Reverse Gear Shaft
#3235774 64T Low Gear
#3235989 29T Low Gear
Net reduction: 26.39% Low : 12.69% H & R

Any expert advice for removal and installation? I will be getting the gearbox aligned by my local shop.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts