Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good step by step vids for installing a gear reduction kit? I'm looking to get the ACE 325 reduction for my RZR and would love to see a walk through for this.. thanks

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,089 Posts
Yup, the Roger Davis videos I linked in that thread are the best I've seen. I haven't checked for any new ones in a while, but those do a pretty good job of showing you what you're getting into.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You’re going to find it’s pretty straight forward once you crack the case. I did mine last winter, although I went with a full reduction kit (47% L/26%R/12%H) and upgraded reverse chain. I also replaced all bearings with sand craft ones. To me the worst part was setting the pinion gear lash, it’s not an exact measurement. With 32” tires, it now crawls like a beast and the throttle control in low is perfect. I took lots of pics along the way. In my case, once finished my stock clutching was way off in high gear.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pick up a service manual for your machine for reference. It’s intimidating, but it’s not super hard. You can do it
Yea that was the plan :) and I am going to get it done here in the next month or so... No rush, to cold to ride for me at least..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I wanted to add some thoughts on this topic after completing this myself.
  • First there is no need to disconnect the drive shaft as once you disconnect the trans from the motor you can just twist the tranny a little and "bobs your uncle".
  • Second, the airbox does need to come out but there is a control module on the throttle bodies that needs to be removed first as it's to tight otherwise. It's a simple process and take a couple min tops.
  • Third, the bearings can easily be pulled with a simple 3 prong bearing puller and where they are not press fit simply using a mallet is all it takes to get them back on. Obviosly use some care here as you could damage them but it's not likely, crap if you've gotten that far this should not be a big deal.
You will need the SDI clutch alignment tool, no getting around that one. Over all it looks much harder than it really is and I also recommend the service manual and with the vids already posted here anyone with some mechanical apptitude should be able to do this.

·
Tg
182 Posts
You’re going to find it’s pretty straight forward once you crack the case. I did mine last winter, although I went with a full reduction kit (47% L/26%R/12%H) and upgraded reverse chain. I also replaced all bearings with sand craft ones. To me the worst part was setting the pinion gear lash, it’s not an exact measurement. With 32” tires, it now crawls like a beast and the throttle control in low is perfect. I took lots of pics along the way. In my case, once finished my stock clutching was way off in high gear.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net
Which machine did you install the 47% / 26% / 12% In? I'm assuming you installed the XPT-2 shaft and I'm most interested in what the clutching fitment options are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts