Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Possible to leave high gear alone and still get 47% low? Can reverse be geared lower and still have a stock high range? I have the Gold LE gearing right now with 32s. What will the new S be as opposed to my current setup?
Gary

·
Registered
18’ RS1, soon stretched, portals, 35’s
1,089 Posts
Have you had a chance to check the gearing on the 18 Turbo S? I am picking one up and want to do a low gear swap to at least 47%. I do mostly rock crawling at Sand Hollow and Moab.
I have a 900 w Carls’ 47% on 30’s, the crawling and creeping is amazing. Typing this now from day one at windrock TN and im yet to really test it.

But I will say my goat towed an xp1k for good 2hrs through double black dismond trail 57 and back to the general store without even thinking about it. Thats a good 1400# trailer attached to me basically.

Moral: if you want a crawler, pm Carl and tell him how n where you ride, he can set you up.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Not possible to do Low without affecting High, sorry.
The Gold T&R Low is not as low as advertised, it's really nice, but not 55% lower. I have it at about 35%. So...if you like where it's at, we can do a 33% Low, 12% Reverse, 8% High. The Turbo's have a much better starting ratio in the clutch, (larger secondary) than the XP1K so you will actually crawl better than your Gold T&R, and still run 85+. Sorry for the delay, had to eat supper

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Alright Carl, time to get your mad scientist book out and crunch the numbers on the RS1, get ahead of the game.

I want one real bad but two things keeps me away
1) its the first year model
2) I just got mine to be the crawler i want it to be and would hate if I cant make an rs1 be a crawler

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Went with super swamper tsl on itp 15” beadlocks. Should have them mounted to rims this week. Cant mount on car yet bc my front diff is lost in usps world. Ordered apr 28th!

Cant mount them on the rear even bc satv rear arms are still like a month out from being outta stock.

So been one thing after another here....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, Ill be crawling all over usps tomorrow, already have a case number from last week. That $630 plus ride time just floating around.

Upside is Im still waiting on satv for response about the front gusset plate covering ip the front two diff mounting bolts. Makes it so you couldnt remove a diff on the trail if need be w out removing the lower a arms.

Soo many things going and waiting on responses

Satv:
Front gusset plate
Exo kit for 900 s
Outta stock rear arms

No front diff

Moab too far away lol

O the hard times of a rzr owner rofl

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, Ill be crawling all over usps tomorrow, already have a case number from last week. That $630 plus ride time just floating around.

Upside is Im still waiting on satv for response about the front gusset plate covering ip the front two diff mounting bolts. Makes it so you couldnt remove a diff on the trail if need be w out removing the lower a arms.

Soo many things going and waiting on responses

Satv:
Front gusset plate
Exo kit for 900 s
Outta stock rear arms

No front diff

Moab too far away lol

O the hard times of a rzr owner rofl

·
Registered
949 Posts
Definitely aggravating having to wait on parts. I use USPS a lot, most of the time they are golden. When there is a problem there's not much info with tracking, the local Postmaster can't see any more than I can. If it's not resolved quickly come visit Texas, you can ride with me.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
What's you experience with ratios. I'm trail riding with a turbo 1000 and low is 2 slow and in high I get belt burn? Thank you for the help
What size tire? What elevation? What belt? Stock clutches? How many miles on the machine? Are you keeping your clutches clean? Scotch bright the sheeves during belt changes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
32" pro comps Dalton clutch kits blue with withe spring in primary long bolt in the weight. Yellow in secondary. Polaris belt. Clean clutches and scotch Brite. 150' 600 miles

61 - 80 of 84 Posts