Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Gear One Close Ratio Steering Rack & Tie Rods with the Gear One Quick Release Steering Hub...

Direct bolt in replacement steering rack... Short throw from full swing left to right...

The quick release hub is really KEWL...

Customer service is unbelieveable...:):):)

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you sold it?
I bought a new one and used one... Sold the used one... The used one was for a friend who didn't want it (no money) after I bought it... I only lost $80.00 on that deal...:):):)

Bought it for $518.00 plus shipping sold it for $450.00 including shipping...

I cut my losses...

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHH ...copy ... how many turns is it lock to lock?
3/4 to left or 3/4 to right... I love it... I put the ATR Bearings in at the same time and it turns like power steering...

The Kewl feature of the Quick Release Hub is how do they steal it if they can't steer it???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Nooo .... this racing thing has turned into .... all of my free time! I dont know what I was thinking ... its a ton work!!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Tim ... what is on the ends of the rack ... is it threaded so you can put the stock tie rods arms or does have its own tie rods?

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tim ... what is on the ends of the rack ... is it threaded so you can put the stock tie rods arms or does have its own tie rods?
It comes with Gear One Tie Rods... You tell them if you have stock RZR or what length LT you have...

The tie rods are beefy... Big Heim Joints and there own 12 pt. bolts...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Can you explain how the quick release works in terms of what exactly you do to release the steering wheel? Which steering wheels will go on the adapter and/or what did you go with? Thanks ... am thinking of picking one of these adapters up.

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you explain how the quick release works in terms of what exactly you do to release the steering wheel? Which steering wheels will go on the adapter and/or what did you go with? Thanks ... am thinking of picking one of these adapters up.
Stick your fingers through the wheel pull up on slide part of hub pull back and the wheel comes off...

Any 5 or 6 screw wheel will fit... You have to know 5 or 6 screws before you order the Gear One Hub...

Momo, Grant, Super ATV etc...

Call Nick at UTV Crap 623-934-3070 he has the best price and has them in stock...:):):)

I bought the polished Kit...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts