Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have narrowed the manufacturer down to GBC for my new tires. I am now trying to choose which tire will suit my needs. I am really looking for an "all around tire" that will perform well in all conditions. The majority of my riding takes place in East TN at Windrock mtn, or Brimstone. Trail riding, lots of rocks, some muddy, some gravel roads, some hard pack, and some tree roots. I have an XP 900 and want a radial tire that holds up fairly decent and will take the punishment of the TN trails. I am going to run the same size tires all the way around. I am open to a 12" or 14" tire/wheel combo.
I was looking at the GBC Grim Reapers, GBC Kanati Mongrel, or the GBC Dirt Commander.
I believe that all of these are 8 ply radial tires, does anyone run these on an xp900? If so which ones and what size?
Thanks

·
RZR55
207 Posts
The grim reaper is a good tire they also have a new one that is named kanati that one I'd also adot tire looks like it would be good i have the dirt commanders they work good but push a little in the fluffy stuff you just have to steer with the gas a little more

·
Italian Rage
34 Posts
Ok, I have narrowed the manufacturer down to GBC for my new tires. I am now trying to choose which tire will suit my needs. I am really looking for an "all around tire" that will perform well in all conditions. The majority of my riding takes place in East TN at Windrock mtn, or Brimstone. Trail riding, lots of rocks, some muddy, some gravel roads, some hard pack, and some tree roots. I have an XP 900 and want a radial tire that holds up fairly decent and will take the punishment of the TN trails. I am going to run the same size tires all the way around. I am open to a 12" or 14" tire/wheel combo.
I was looking at the GBC Grim Reapers, GBC Kanati Mongrel, or the GBC Dirt Commander.
I believe that all of these are 8 ply radial tires, does anyone run these on an xp900? If so which ones and what size?
Thanks
We put 2 sets of the 12x10x26 Mongrel on our rzr800's we did this on the CO.Ralley those tires are great we were in mud ,sharp Rocks bolder rock,and they did a great job 8ply, DOT approved 10's in front work out better than I thought we work with Mike at SxS Preformance.Hope this helps

·
Registered
83 Posts
i just got a set of reapers 9s all around on a 800 50" only got one ride on them so far so good other than i do have a chunck missing from the sidewall (not leaking) just keep in mind they run short i got the 26s and only measure 25 1/4.

·
ride guide extrodanire
2,680 Posts
im on 5 sets of reaper ! great tire
14,000 miles later .
try atvoutfitters good prices
14" over the 12" and 27" too
will post some pics after it gets lite out side its only 6:30 am sorry just got them last night !
just like any tire they will get damaged if you hit stuff, best defence is a good offence

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks
The Dirt Commander is NOT a radial tire, just a heads up.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys! The height info on the Reapers really helps, although i was hoping for a true 26 not a 25.25 tire. I wonder how the 28" ITP Baja Cross would do in these conditions? I really dont want to run a 26" tire if i dont have to.

·
Italian Rage
34 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! The height info on the Reapers really helps, although i was hoping for a true 26 not a 25.25 tire. I wonder how the 28" ITP Baja Cross would do in these conditions? I really dont want to run a 26" tire if i dont have to.
Just for info the Mongrel tire is true 26'' for what I'''m reading of what you are looking for I think this would be a great the ride is good also,Mike at SXS will treat you right its worth a PH. call

·
RZR55
207 Posts
The mongrel looks like it would work well i have the kanati mud hogs on my gmc they look just like the mongrels i would like to try them on my rzr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts