Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased the RZR 4 the dealer told me the yellow button on the dash controlled the gauge view and could also be used when in reverse to provide full throttle reverse vs. a limited reverse.
It sounded strange to me so I read the manual and there is no mention at all of this function.

I am guessing the dealer did not know what they were talking about but wanted to double check.

The dealer also told me I got such a good deal because there was 20 hours on it but it never left the lot. I quickly discovered that it had 7 hours on it. He did not know how to use the yellow gauge button and it was set on miles not hours.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It won't do full reverse I can tell you that. Unless someone can correct me on this. I don't know how it would really. Sounds like the dealer don't really know his chit. I hope he ain't the guy working on them when they break.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He also told me they did the first break in service on it all ready and I did not need to do anything until I hit 50 hours.

So if it only had 7 hours I highly doubt they touched it. Why are some people so full of crap.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The dealer is not an idiot but misinformed about the RZR concerning the yellow button.
Those of us that have Sportsmans are aware pushing the yellow button in reverse overides the rev limit
and will allow you to go 60mph in reverse.
It is meant to give you the extra power if needed but keep you from killing yourself too.:scared2::ride:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
i was simply stating that if he didn't know, he shouldn't have said anything about it. same as the sales guys at super atv, they told me today that the axles are the same on the rear of the 2011 as all other years, and that is not the case! if you don't know, keep your mouth shut.

H

·
0 Posts
As said kind of..
On the older Sportsmans you had to push the yellow button to override the reverse rev limiter and also to get AWD(if selected) in Reverse.
On the XPs you get AWD wihtout pushing the button..still push it to override the reverse rev limited.
On the RZRs(well my 2010 RZR4 anyway) you get full power and AWD in reverse..no need to hit the button..ie it only toggles the display

Those familiar with the reverse rev limiter on ATVs may initially think the RZR has one when it sputters a little under light throttle in reverse when cold..it's just loading up a little..feels like the reverse rev limiter on the ATVs...give it some more throttle and you'll see it isn't..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts