Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 XP41k and I bought. Gates g-force c12 as my backup. A friend told me it would be compatible but on their website it doesn’t list it as compatible with the 2019. Stopped at ‘16 or ‘17 or something like that.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,356 Posts
Blew a hunter works belt at 200 miles of light use. Todd refuses to warranty it. Only belt I’ve lost in 6k miles. Don’t commit.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
No such thing as light use in a rzr lol
Todd must have had good reason not to warranty it.
Like to hear his side of the story

·
Registered
17 Posts
There must be an alignment issue or improper break-in. I put a hunterworks belt on my brothers 900 and it has been working flawlessly with hard use.

I just switched to the badass belt and hunterworks white washer on my xp4 1000. the stock polaris belt didn't hold up well. it did not shred but it got smoke a few times. For the prices, I think the hunterworks or badass belts are the best choices. I paid around $150 for my badass belt and just over $100 ea for the hunterworks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Blew a hunter works belt at 200 miles of light use. Todd refuses to warranty it. Only belt I’ve lost in 6k miles. Don’t commit.

Spend the money, buy an SDI alignment tool, and SDI motor mount. Align your clutches and put a hunterworks belt on. Don’t blame the belt because your car is not working right. The hunterworks belts are better then any other belt out there. If Todd is not gonna warranty the belt. IT’S NOT the belt

·
The Lone Rzr
2,356 Posts

This is your ride and why Todd didn't warranty your belt
Trinity Stage 5 exhaust, Trinity Racing Clutch work with Bullydog Stage 2 tune

·
Registered
852 Posts
Might be a tiny harsh on several fronts. after all, he’s certainly had succes with other belts regardless of his build. and in counterpoint Todd has a pretty good rep - one belt does not make a product bad. The rest of the story there? Who knows. Personally I’m not rushing to judgement either way.

I can say i don’t buy into private labeling in that way. I think Todd is very upfront and a forum trusted vendor, but I don’t see how he could be playing in the gates/carlisle/etc engineering and manufactuting league. Which means he’s selling somebody elses belt. Personally I prefer to buy from the oem (when reasonable).

OP: I see poo specs the same part number for a ‘17 and a ‘19. perhaps gates catalog is just lacking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the input but I already have SDI adjustment tool and their trans lock plate was installed at the time. Both primary and secondary clutches were purchased new thru Todd with the set up he recommended (Dalton clutch kit). He knew exactly what tune and exhaust that was on the car when He hyped up his belt and their durability. So I tried one out based on his sales pitch since I was in the process of replacing clutches.
This particular trip was on a graded dirt highway out to the Grand Canyon with 12 other cars. EZ 35-45mph on flat road. 200 miles into it and his belt grenaded. That was over a year ago. I’ve been running the same exact clutch setup’s as that trip but back to Polaris OEM belts and haven’t have a single issues since and I never blew a belt in the 4K miles prior to that. That was over 2k miles ago. It’s not the car or the clutches. Todd is a extremely valuable resource with his knowledge and is very trustworthy about RZR’s and clutches. I still call him and run things by him after the fact. I wasn’t attacking his character, just not impressed with his belt.

·
Registered
479 Posts
2019 XP4 1000with 22% reduction in lowland 32’s, I have burned up 2 Polaris belts and 2 hunter works belts, hunter works belt are cheaper so I just keep using them. Not sure if this info has any value but might help you wallet a little when it come to buying replacement belts. I use to run Gates carbon belts on my 900 but always thought that they might be a little short, it was harder to shift with those in than a Polaris belt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you tried the badass belts yet? I saw a video last yr with a guy comparing belts. All belts would blow on him in a short time for whatever reason but the badass belt held up. I'm sure he also eventually blew thst one too but it did hold up way longer than any other belt. They are also cheaper than oem and competitively priced with other aftermarket belts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts