Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a gas pedal extender for the XP? The only ones I can find searching the forum vendors are not for XP 900's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That one appears not to be an extender, it changes the angle/profile of the pedal & arm to increase throttle response. I'm looking for pedal extender so the gas pedal will be closer to the floor for my wife whose small frame & feet make it almost impossible for her to keep steady contact with the gas pedal. She has to hover or wedge her foot to keep it pressed. Not ideal and gives her very poor control which can be dangerous in technical or hilly terrain.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Have you adjusted the seat forward for her yet?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Take a block of wood and carve it to fit perfect and then screw it on from under the pedal and then put a piece of grip tape on the top, maybe even paint it black.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Desert molding concept's has one
I saw their's. It might be an option, didn't want to go with a slider cover like that though. I would think it might still be harder for her to press since it is hinged on the bottom but still having to push the original pedal lever back to so two points making it more difficult???? But on his video, it seems fine and his video says he raced with it. That might be an option if there are no other vendor's with an actual extended pedal.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
The Desert Moulding pedal is really nice. Weve put quite a few on our customer cars.

DMC RZR Gas Pedal Kit - SDR Motorsports

My wife had similar problems with both our rhino and our Teryx4, with the tip of her shoe sliding off the bottom of the pedal after pushing it down a certain amount. This bottom hinge style pedal helped a lot (at least on those two vehicles).

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have this same issue with my wife not being able to reach the pedal comfortably. I installed the Polaris seat sliders and that helped a little, but still not great. I plan to modify the seat sliders to sit lower (they raise the seat 1.5" to 2"), hopefully this does the trick. Although I may end up building a slide on metal pedal that is secure and removes easily. I'll just keep it in the glovebox when she's not driving.

·
Registered
488 Posts
We are having the same issue haha. its not so much a seat position problem as it is the depth of the well under the pedal which makes her foot fit so low shes trying to control it with her tippy toes. that bottom hinged pedal looks like a nice option.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
If you study the pctures you can figure out how to approach it correctly.
My '11 and '12 floors are different and that was slightly humorous test fitting and holding it up to the other and thinking what the heck was I measuring.
they were in different shops.
A half inch and a couple degrees makes a hill of beans especially on the throttle.
Full throttle you want it just right where the plastic pan strikes on the right side. You know.
Sorry to bore.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts