Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any you guys using these gas caddys that hold 25-30 gal. Looking for something to carry gas without 5-6 cans when going somewhere for few days.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Edited: Just to be clear, are you talking carrying fuel on the RZR or on a trailer/in a truck bed?

I’ve seen aluminum fuel cells in the 20+ gallon range for $2,000+. I have a 5 gal IMS auxiliary fuel tank in my 1000. I have 14.5 useable gallons of fuel. On extra long trips I carry an additional 5 gallon jug.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I always liked the 5 gallon metal cans just cause they are easier to lift. And the metal ones won’t let the gas vaporize over long periods of storage. I have also seen big packs of gas in a bag type unit that looks like a miniature waterbed. 20 gallons I think, but I can’t imagine how that is trying to pour it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Northern Tools sells generic (non-utv) replacement and add-on gas tanks of various sizes. Might be worth looking at.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some guys use them to gas up their cruisers in our marina. They ones they use are OK, but slow. A little faster to fuel up and convienent to just use 5 gal cans from what I can see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use 2 of the Flo n' Go Duramax gas caddys 14 gallons each I strap them down in back of my pickup when I go for week long trips works great you stand them up on there end open the vent open the the shutoff hold the hose lower than the tank squeeze the handle and hold and you will filler up in no time. And I have six less 5 gallon cans in my truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts