Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Scooterdog
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed I bottom out over some mild whoops. I have never done any spring adjustment, just on the shocks. Since it was stock I have added rear roll bar, 4 gal rotopax, spare tire, and lock & ride box with tools and stuff. Not sure ho much added weight that is but I would guess at least 150lbs. I'm 6' 240lb and my wife who rides a lot is about 150.

Based on the above looking for suggestions on spring adjustments to keep me from bottoming out.

Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd probably crank the preload down 1/2" on both the rear shocks, then go for a ride. If still bottoming, try another 1/2". Maybe someone else has a more scientific method, but pretty much, adjust, ride, adjust, until you reach a satisfactory point, knowing that aftermarket springs might be required if you stop bottoming out, yet it rides like a log wagon.

·
Scooterdog
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. Pulled off the back fenders so I could get to everything. Will raise it up this weekend and make the adjustments. Glad I pulled everything off as there was still some left over mud from our last trip. Good time to clean it all up and change the plugs and fluids before its major riding time. Figured I amine as well check my brake pads and such while it's apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts