Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is "g-out" resistance? Have heard the term, but not sure what it's describing.

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
Example would be when you are duning and transitioning from the bottom of one dune to climb the next, the G out is the bottom of the transition where gravity/momentum has its death grip on your suspension.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Yes on what the last post said, and it tends to be where the worse bottomng ocurrs. For example, you may have your suspension setup perfectly with no bottoming......but then you arrive at a g-out and still might bottom.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
the by pas shock does what it sounds like it by passes the slowere stuff and works when you hit fast hard stuff and helps your main shock out...its like a back up shock

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I have bypass shocks on the rear and they do not empty you wallet anymore then other good shocks do. The last 25% of a bypass shock does not use the bypass tubes for adjustment. Bypass shocks give you a much better ajustment for fine tuning.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
the by pas shock does what it sounds like it by passes the slowere stuff and works when you hit fast hard stuff and helps your main shock out...its like a back up shock
Thx Johnny!!!
i was informed i had it wrong...lol heck i tryed...but they still do sort of what i said just not how i said or something like that...lol

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I have bypass shocks on the rear and they do not empty you wallet anymore then other good shocks do. The last 25% of a bypass shock does not use the bypass tubes for adjustment. Bypass shocks give you a much better ajustment for fine tuning.
Ya, your setup looks awesome!
:ride:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
JC8 I never said you were wrong about what you said I just found out that the last bit was all valve and no bypass. Everything you said about hard hits and stuff is correct.

Thanks Cliff

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
It is just a spring carrier. That has always been a problem with some series saying only one shock per wheel. In a true since that's what it is, only one shock(bypass).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts