Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Interesting. Not too long ago Travis was posting up some vids of him ripping his new pro xp around pastranaland. Even his mechanic was posting vids of himself wrenching on the pro

·
Registered
769 Posts
Whoever pays and gives out the most toys

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,420 Posts
His main guy from his Red Bull sponsorship moved to Can Am a while back, it was only a matter of time before the Polaris contract ended and he made the switch... Hubert has been all about Can Am for a couple months....but when you’re as marketable as Pastrana, it’s not about the machine at all, hardly ever is with sponsorship deals like that... it’s just who ya know and who wants to pay ya. Great move for Can Am, but I bet Polaris never had a reasonable chance to keep him on the roster.

Mitch Guthrie & RJ Anderson’s paycheck probably just went up tho lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
I cant say I blame the guy .... Can-Am seems to be leaving Polaris in the dust these days, its a pretty easy choice between a pro and a RR for most people numbers wise

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you mean easy choice numbers wise? I'm new to the market and trying to decide between Polaris and Can-am.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,614 Posts
What do you mean easy choice numbers wise? I'm new to the market and trying to decide between Polaris and Can-am.

Thanks
If you saw the Can Ams versus the RZRs at KOH this year, the choice would be easy.
The RZRs just weren't competitive this year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pastrana followed the money. DUH. As for the choice being easy, the 4 seat can am is too long to be effective anywhere but the dunes so anyone wanting 4 seats will/should go rzr. The can am looks more aggressive, but I recently had to slow way down so a guy in a can am could unload passengers from his car on several rocky grades due to lack of ground clearance. These are hills I run up at 20mph with three others in my rzr.

no one vehicle suits everyone’s needs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure KOH would be considered dunes? Granted I'm new to this sport but the few vids I saw looked like pretty rough terrain but it also looked like 2-seaters not 4.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Can am are still 5-10k more for one than an RZR.....I'll take that money and buy accessories. For the price of the RR, I could buy a brand new Jeep. The pricing is getting out of hand also. I think the market will stay with Polaris just based on price alone.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Can am are still 5-10k more for one than an RZR.....I'll take that money and buy accessories. For the price of the RR, I could buy a brand new Jeep. The pricing is getting out of hand also. I think the market will stay with Polaris just based on price alone.
No.If you price comparable models they're about the same.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Admittedly I did not watch KOH other than a vid of one gnarly descent, but they were all 2 seat. I make no claims about the can am 2 seaters. They look badass, but did you see 4 seat can-ams at KOH crawling rocks? There is a huge market for 4 seat cars these days, and anywhere but the dunes a shorter wheelbase is desirable. I believe the canam is 2 FEET longer than the xp4. High center city!

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Hubert and Travis both really liked the Polaris platform, there was some issues that let the door open for can am and they went for it.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
This is just a good thread about why getting a popular spokesperson is an effective marketing strategy. If you're planning on competitively riding in the top 1% of drivers, who wins is relevant. For everyone else, get the machine that suits your needs. Things like cost, availability of accessories, ease of maintenance, etc are way more important and valuable than what one of the most gifted drivers on the planet was given to drive without regard to cost, crashes, failures, or issues.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 20 of 41 Posts