Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in early June, I decided that I would get the Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Kit and another engine. Had and still have the modified Stock Engine w/HPD mods so I didn't want to SCREWup a GOOD thing. Anyway, purchased an engine w/Holz kit installed installed by one of the forum members offering a Awesome Deal on a COMPLETE engine. Without going into ANY details, the USED engine was U S E D, so I decided to do a Total Teardown,Rebuild,Replace of ALL parts. Otherthan than the upper/lower engine case housings, EVERYTHING is New. Engine is blueprinted/documented with All the New Parts.

I want to PERSONALLY THANK Matt at Holz Racing for his help/assistance in my project. As usual, he and staff have gone FAR beyond what was necessary(Information/Engine Analysis), SINCE the Stage 3 was not purchased directly from them. KUDOS, HOLZ

I will begin posting pictures of the Teardown,Cleanup,Rebuild as a Series so that if anyone wants to attempt this relatively easy process, they will be a READER's Digest to aid/assist them in this project.

Stay tuned in as I'm into the Engine PowderCoating Stages now in preparation for the Reassembly.

·
Registered
916 Posts
This will be an interesting thread. I am interested in the Holz big bore kit in the future.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I will definitely be watching this...Thank you. Good to see you around again.

P.S.....I was reading your clutch series yesterday, but all of the Photobucket pics are gone. They would have been very helpful.
X2, Bart...
Regards
Ken

·
Work Has Stopped :(
521 Posts
I'll be watching the progress as well Bart.

But I have to say that I hate the fact that you were ripped off by a piece of scum. No one deserves to be ripped off like that espically someone like you that goes out of their way to help people like you do...

·
Just kidding!
10,754 Posts
I missed this thread.I cant wait to see this engine.I plan on changing my crank soon so this will be good for me to learn more.Thanks Bart

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
anyone with a Holz stage 3 want it dyno for free .... and you live in the SoCal area ...PM me!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Bart...I really enjoyed and learned a ton of way-good info on your clutching threads..Am looking forward to this one to...Thanks

·
BatRazor
1,323 Posts
Looking forward to the indepth report.
Thinking about the stage 3 kit myself.
This will help alot of people out if they
decide to do the engine work themselfs.
Would be nice to see just what the hp
gain is for the money.
Thanks Bart

1 - 20 of 112 Posts