Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, Polaris does quite a bit of testing where I live. When I've asked them in the past "why?" they told me it was because of our heat and gnarly dust.

Be that as it may, this marks the second time now I have run into Popo R&D employees out in the desert behind Havasu.

This time though, they were driving something special. This is not rumor, I saw it with my own eyes. I asked a lot of questions and they refused to answer some.

They were driving 3 RZR's. Each had a 1200 cc motor according to them. One RZR was a '4' and two of them were 2 seaters. The rear suspension was of the trailing arm type (looked kinda like a sand car/off road car setup). Also, they all had wider long travel suspension compared to the "S" (it looked to be about +8 compared to the "S" +5).

Those were my observations (I asked directly on each one of those but they wouldn't confirm nor deny (kinda like a politition).

They did say that this was an upcoming RZR factory model. They said some names being kicked around are Glamis Edition, Duner Edition, and Baja Edition. I couldn't tell how many cylinders, but they did confirm it's not a punched out 800 motor. They also said the setup will probably be available on the RZR 4 only. They seemed to think Popo didn't want the liability of that much power in such a short wheelbase.

Sorry I don't have more info and no pics. I asked but they said no. Also, they wouldn't let me look in the cockpit area for some reason.

Anyway, for those of you on the verge of buying, it may be worth waiting. They were not able to tell me when these are coming out but they said within a couple years.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
sounds great except for the part where they will only release the RZR-4 version...

Next time you see them, take pictures! Even if they say no, what are they going to do? If they are on public land they are free game...

And I wouldn't hold off on buying... it isn't worth waiting a couple years... ride now and upgrade later.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
1200 CC seems a little much of a jump for Polaris. I imagine seeing a 951 cc or so which would still be awesome. I hope they make the Rzr 4 with the new engine soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have ran into the polaris semi a few times and know where they rent the private land from in a rock quarry. They have filmed many advertisement videos in Havasu and perform a ridiculous amount of hours testing out here. I am not sticking up for anyone but if he did see something, our desert would be the place to find it.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me...
I ask "why not?" to all points. If polaris wants to stay on top they're going to need to be ahead of the rest--not just keeping up. The competition can do it cheaper--so Polaris needs to do it better.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have lived in Havasu for over 20 yrs and grew up riding in the desert out there...I can vouch that Polaris does do a TON of testing out there and they actually squat-out on my best-buddies families property...I have ridden around those guys for years...i remember when they used to let the family members borrow the 6 wheelers and we would go camping when we were kids...anways, I am now half tempted to go up there this weekend and poke around...I havent physically this year, but now I might just have to go see for myself

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
After polaris saw what Can Am bring to the market, they really don't need to be afraid to much at least for another year. But I really like to be WRONG, like I was with RZR 4 and for sure would like to see a bigger engine.:ride:
milos

·
Registered
13 Posts
i wish they will come out with a 1200 not for me but for those who are hating on this guys story ok maybe theres a lil hype to it but ,what story havent you hyped out huhhh???? thats what i thot! anyways if they do get ready to eat your own posts hahaha

IF YOU WAIT LONGER YOU WILL GET BETTER

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,928 Posts
I say give grantt22 a break...the dude is just passing on some info that sounds legitimate to me. Manufacturers of all sorts perform product testing, and as a result, the actual product may not be released exactly as tested, but a final revised version may be produced...it just so happens, at the time of testing, they indicated it was 1200cc. Ya never know what the final outcome will be until the world is informed by offical release.

Thanxs for the info Grant.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.