Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
called up futv and ordered up a set of their new sliders in 3/8ths. had them 3 days later.

you get the 2 sliders, 8 self tapping bolts, and a pair of futv decals

the bottom of the slider measures right at 3.5" (except the very front where it tapers in). this will mainly be important to those not running a full skid. those running a futv skid will mount these in between the body and the belly skid.

in the back the sliders are about 5.5" tall

and in the front they are just over 3" tall

i will be replacing polaris sliders. the drawbacks of the polaris sliders is their weight and they cut into your ground clearance a bit. here is a pic of the the installed polaris slider from underneath the vehicle

you lose about 1.5" of ground clearance near the outside of the rzr with the polaris sliders

install couldnt be easier. these are the definition of keeping it simple. you just remove the 4 outermost bolts that hold the belly skid on (also hold the body to the frame for those not using these with a futv or similar belly skid) and place the slider between the body and the belly skid. install with the 4 longer self tapping bolts provided with the slider

instead of the 1.5" of clearance lost with the polaris slider, you only lose clearance in the amount of the sliders thickness, which is 3/8ths of an inch in my case.

pic from the side. they follow the line of the door opening perfectly

the front and rear are cut to clear the rzr s fenders

front

rear

from the top you can see they have a small amount of space between the slider and the body

and finally, the weight savings. per side the polaris sliders are 14 lbs with mounting hardware

the futv skids are 4lbs per side..

not a bad way to drop 20lbs. the sliders are well made, which is what you can expect with everything from futv. will be going out to test them soon. i dont have a hard time finding rocks around here

thx again futv

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Thank you for that effort. Great work! Did you measure overall width (widest point) after install?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i measure from the top edge at the rear-most point of each slider i get between 50 and 50.5"

it is a bit difficult to measure. since i have half doors i have to eyeball it from above the slider and they slant outwards slightly

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought this might help for those wondering about how they affect the overall width.

here is the measure ment at the top edge at the widest point (rear of the slider)

they add an inch to each side at their widest point

·
Registered
995 Posts
Really great review.

If my plastics weren't so mangled already, I'd consider a set. Definitely will after I replace my plastics.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Great job Kevin. I think I need to get a set of those.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Installed the 1/2" sliders last night. Very form fitting, great product FUTV.

New set of those Polaris ones in the shed, never installed....

·
Registered
304 Posts
rzr(s)hroom--what kind of 1/2 doors are those? Do they help keep some of the mud off your legs? I'm looking for a little protection from the mud splatter/shower, but don't want to put on full doors

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rzr(s)hroom--what kind of 1/2 doors are those? Do they help keep some of the mud off your legs? I'm looking for a little protection from the mud splatter/shower, but don't want to put on full doors
here you go...

RZR, RZR-S Half Door Kit [613021] - $169.00 : Holz Racing Products, Race Proven Engineering

they do a good job of keeping your legs in the vehicle and do reduce the amount of mud/water that gets thrown into the vehicle. i also run asylum flares on the front and between them and the doors we stay pretty clean

we didnt want to go with doors because we like the open feeling of the rzr (if i wanted full doors and a cab i woulda stuck to a jeep) and with the holz panels we retain that

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is anybody running these sliders with the stock skid plate? If so I would love to see some pics....just wondering how they look underneath with the stock skid.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is anybody running these sliders with the stock skid plate? If so I would love to see some pics....just wondering how they look underneath with the stock skid.
I waited too long to replace the stock plate and ran the Polaris sliders. Don't make the same mistake. It doesn't make any sense to protect the sides and trash underneath.

Eli

1 - 20 of 36 Posts