Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Rhino Performance has a fuse box with a relay built in. Does anyone recommend this fuse set up? or got to Auto Part store and assemble my own.

As of right now I have 4/7" HIDs, and down the road am planning on adding a LED whip and gauges and various other things that may need fuses too.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I use the buss brand fuse boxes from the auto part store. They have 6 atc style fuses and on #10 battery lug in. This is what I used to wire my truggy and it worked well. I also used one of them to make an ignition circuit because it does not have an ignition switch. I just used a 100% duty cycle solenoid to power the fuse box. jmo

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crazywatson,
Ya that's it, used it years ago but didn't keep the Rhino I put it on that much longer.

Truggyboy...

I will go to the auto part store today and see what they got there

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know on the Fuse box from Black Rhino Performance, does the relay power just one circuit? or all the circuits.

I tried emailing them last week and have not heard back from them.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered the one through painless performance, the price from black rhino was for the 3 circuit.. $100 is for the 7 circuit

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Piece of cake to install

·
Registered
398 Posts
How about this one!

Five relays, ten fuses, all in a waterproof enclosure.

The standard setup has four fused relay outputs, four fused key on outputs and two fused constant outputs.

We can configure it anyway you need it.

We even include a custom label on the inside of the lid so you know what each circuit is.

Since all of the wires exit the rear of the panel, it makes for a clean factory looking install.

Fits perfect in the storage area under the hood.

Did I mention waterproof!

·
Registered
398 Posts
$$$$$$$$$ ???????????????? I like it.
$225 configured anyway you want it.

It is a little steeper than the smaller panels on the block, but it has a lot more to offer. If you were to buy two of the other panels you still wouldn't have what this one give you. Plus, ours is custom labeled. That way if you blow a fuse you know exactly which one it is.

With theirs you would still need to run relays for lightbars, etc.. Ours has them all in one neat package.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Another option is to make your own.......... here is the main fuse holder, relays can be bought and individually configured how you want.

Here is the fuse holder
PANEL BUSSMANN 15303-2-2-4 MINI FUSE AND MICRO RELAY RTMR Power Relay Module Circuit Protection* - Waytek Wire

Example relay
12V SPST SONG CHUAN MICRO RELAY 35 AMP Song Chuan Micro Relays Relays Relays And Solenoids* - Waytek Wire

You will also need Seals, Plugs and Terminals that can be purchased from the same site for another $20 or so...........
The crimpers cost a couple hundred bucks, but can be borrowed if your plan on only doing this one time.

Cost is less than $100 if you get a loaner crimper (its a little tricky, but can be done without them) if you want to take the time to do it yourself.

I would buy it already assembled if I wasn't into project work, but the option is available to do it yourself.

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
I used the Auto Trend EFI fuse box. I run 2 LED light bars and a set of LED cube spots and have one of the other lines still available if I decide to add somethign else. Pretty simple install with all the parts/relays/switches you need to get started for most projects and runs $90.00. I recommend using Push Wire Connectors for making quick and positive connections that you don't have to worry about later.

What is included:

2 relay controlled 30 amp outputs (lights, heated seats, etc.)

2 fused 12v outputs (GPS, stereo, etc.)

A hot lead that connects directly to the battery

Ground lead.

Ignition hot lead for triggering relays

Prewired Accessory Switches

·
Registered
398 Posts
Another option is to make your own.......... here is the main fuse holder, relays can be bought and individually configured how you want.

Here is the fuse holder
PANEL BUSSMANN 15303-2-2-4 MINI FUSE AND MICRO RELAY RTMR Power Relay Module Circuit Protection* - Waytek Wire

Example relay
12V SPST SONG CHUAN MICRO RELAY 35 AMP Song Chuan Micro Relays Relays Relays And Solenoids* - Waytek Wire

Entire thing can be done for under $50

Just an FYI
You left out a few parts!

You will need these too!

The terminals require a seal to maintain their waterproof rating. These crimpers should be used. The seal has to be inserted in the terminal before crimping.
15370042 CRIMPER-800 SERIES Delphi Packard Tools Tools* - Waytek Wire
$202.92

You will need the terminals.
12129409 TERMINAL 16-14GA METRI-PACK 280 SERIES FEMALE Delphi Packard Metri Pack 280 Multi-Pin Connectors Terminals And Connectors* - Waytek Wire
$5.23

The seals.
#12010293 CHANGED TO 15324980 PACKARD CABLE SEAL- GRAY Delphi Packard Cable Seals Multi-Pin Connectors Terminals And Connectors* - Waytek Wire
$$6.34

Plugs.
# 12010300 PACKARD CAVITY PLUG-GREEN Delphi Packard Cable Seals Multi-Pin Connectors Terminals And Connectors* - Waytek Wire
$6.69

You will also need some wire and fuse.

So total cost for a one time deal should be slightly less than $300. Not too bad since you want to do it yourself.

Please keep in mind, if your going to step on supporting vendors toes, you need to provide complete information.

BTW, your welcome for the free forum.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Your right, I totally forgot to mention seal and terminals. I should have mentioned that you can buy the crimpers, but people have them and can offer them as a loaner if they do not want to spend the money. My post didn't come across as I intended. My point was, its possible to do this type of setup yourself if one desires, not to step on your toes. Sorry for the misrepresentation, post corrected.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Your right, I totally forgot to mention seal and terminals. I should have mentioned that you can buy the crimpers, but people have them and can offer them as a loaner if they do not want to spend the money. My post didn't come across as I intended. My point was, its possible to do this type of setup yourself if one desires, not to step on your toes. Sorry for the misrepresentation, post corrected.
Thank you for being a stand up guy.

People sometimes forget that our time is worth something.

Hell, if you have a tubing bender and a welder, you can build your own cage for less than $100.

Once again, thanks for the edit.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
How about this one!

Five relays, ten fuses, all in a waterproof enclosure.

The standard setup has four fused relay outputs, four fused key on outputs and two fused constant outputs.

We can configure it anyway you need it.

We even include a custom label on the inside of the lid so you know what each circuit is.

Since all of the wires exit the rear of the panel, it makes for a clean factory looking install.

Fits perfect in the storage area under the hood.

Did I mention waterproof!

Looks clean! Do you supply the crimp connectors for the back of the block, or is it a plug? I'd like to avoid butt connectors.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All of the wires coming from the block are 5 feet long, except the battery cable. The battery cable is long enough to reach the battery, plus there is a circuit breaker supplied for the battery cable.

Never use butt connectors unless they are the heat shrink type with solder and sealant.

Greg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts