Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the fallout from the “rona” hit me. I’m not sick just out of a paycheck for 4 weeks starting June 8.
I live in Wichita KS and am tempted to pack up the Yukon and Rzr (just got it this spring) and travel around and ride. Also sent an email to Shock Therapy to see if they could do springs and re valve on my travels. I’m sure it’s getting plenty hot in AZ so if they can get me scheduled I’d stay there a few days and then start moving toward cooler riding temps. Moab is an option as well but not sure of the heat. I’m trying to figure out a 2-3 week loop. Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I’m from the Wichita area as well, I wish there where more places to ride locally unfortunately I don’t know of any. I will be following this thread closely to see what awesome spots get recommended.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
For cooler riding in AZ one needs to get to the higher elevation. Sedona is a great place to ride. There is a BLM or Forest Service road west of Sedona that offers dry camping with lots of riding all over. Great country with all the red rock. Very beautiful. Flagstaff area is also higher and not so hot. The high plateaus of Utah offer some relief of heat as well. Night riding is popular in the lower elevations in summer time, I understand. Would not recommend Moab this time of year. Very hot and does not cool a lot with all the red rock holding heat.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
Farmington, NM if you want to come play on the rocks for a few days

Silverton, CO is awesome high elevation mountain riding

Moab / Sand Hollow, UT are hot spot for rock crawling and OHV trails

Some awesome riding down around Albuquerque, NM too... @FJK is out there riding almost every Sunday I think

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Definitely northern AZ this time of year. It's already 111* here in Lake Havasu.
We ride in Williams and it's about 7000' elevation and 30* cooler
Supposed to be high 90s in Moab this weekend

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Michigan. We have frost warnings for Saturday night, Sunday morning 😂 our trails are getting beat though. Due to orv parks and silver lake sand dunes closed in southern MI. Plus no groomers running cause of the China virus. 🦠

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions! Quick update. Thursday evening my boss text me and asked if I would be willing to go down to the plant in Red Oak TX to help out. I said "sure" and have got no details after that so, am I off work or no. No clue. I haven't picked a direction yet (the Red Oak thing doesn't help) and know my parents enjoyed Sedona when their health allowed them to travel. I've always dreamed of going to Moab and the guy I bought my rzr from has a large place rented for the side by side rally in Sept. so there is that. After talking to Shock Therapy, I'm not sure I want to spend $2200 on a 2015 xp1000 that I paid $10,000 for. My goal is to buy a turbo 4 seat machine this winter so everyone in the family can go ride together. Anyway, all suggestions are great and I'll know by the end of the week if I am riding or working LOL.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No work in Red Oak. Shock Therapy can work on my machine June 24th if I decided to spend the coin. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts