Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from West/Central Illinois where I went to do some suspension testing with the Walker Brothers Racing and Bentz Racing RZR's. We changed a lot of different setups around and got all 4 working pretty well. I also learned a lot first hand about Mid-West Woods riding. It is a blast!!!!! It is tight, greasy slick and demands great car control to be able to manuver the tight trail with any kind of speed. The first time up in the woods as a passenger made me a bit anxious because Josh Walker was ripping it up through trails that were made by/for quads and we were in a +4 at about 61". Plus we didn't have the car quite dialed in right and it was my first time in the woods ever.:scared2::scared2::scared2:

Once we finallly finished dialing in the cars we did some play riding. What a blast. I took some video with my phone that I will try to figure out how to get on the site. Not a great video but a taste of what it is about, especially for the us Western Boys. I finally got some wheeltime in the woods at speed. Took to it like a duck to water. I can't wait to get back there and do it again. So now when you Eastern guys tell me you woods ride, I know just what your talking about.:)

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Welcome back Steve. Glad you had a good time. What brand shocks and springs were you playing with?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Riding in the woods is alot more technical than the dunes,we love it I would like to try the dunes. But I love timber trails. Steve glad you had a good time.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
where abouts in FULTON county were you, i dont live too far from there. was it private land?

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding in the woods is alot more technical than the dunes,we love it I would like to try the dunes. But I love timber trails. Steve glad you had a good time.
I did have a great time. I will make more trips back to do some riding, whitetail and turkey hunting. Farmer said the Whitetail on his property were as big as cows. Think he was exagerrating a little?:) But was told they are big!! He invited me back in the fall.

As far as driving, you bet it is more technical. Can't remember last time I saw an Oak Tree at Glamis.:rofl3: Like I told them, the riding is still about dodging obstacles. Wheather it is a tight technical rocky desert or mountain trail or riding in the woods, once you get past the beauty of the woods and get with driving it's sort of the same technically. Sure was a lot of fun to do something different for a change.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yeah figured not alot of public riding around here

·
Fulton County Farmer
3 Posts
I am that Farmer and I really enjoyed the guys that visited our chunk of the earth. quite the machines they build , and I enjoyed trying to keep up with them on my 2010 850XP. Thank you to Gabe, Steve and crew for coming out, and sampling what we have to offer. Hope to see you again.

·
Walker Brothers Racing
5 Posts
I think we are going to be coming out on Saturday if it is going to be OK. There will be one or two of us. I know I had a blast out there perfect trails and nice people what more could you ask for.

·
Fulton County Farmer
3 Posts
Hey gang. I am happy to report a couple of things. trails are pretty clear, and we have now widened the east loop so that jeeps can get through, so there should be plenty of room for the RZR runners. the goal is to have it at least 12' wide where possible, with some areas that will remain one lane only, and some areas where passing will be possible. does anyone have software to be able to run on a GPS to track and load a map of the trails into a program, pc or another GPS ?
Also, as of November 6th, the east coast hunting crew will be moved in and the land will be a hunt only for at least 3 weeks. bow into shotgun.. After that, I will call you and let you know it is open again for riding purposes.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
wiling to donate signs if you get that big or need them now.
you know, directional signs, dont be stupid signs, any signs.

keeping to the thread, sorry

·
Fulton County Farmer
3 Posts
Thanks, will keep that in mind. we have some up now, showing difficulty of trails, green thru red, and add blue for the water ones. It only makes sense. We currently have trails on close to 100 of the 140 acres. mild to wild. There seems to be a little bit of everything .... its all fun...

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
send a list. i have state graded reflective if you want that effect. (same stuff as interstate signs) grn/wht, blu/wht,
even have some brown color. stuff is nasty good.

Badlands has a bit of an issue. they use flourescent spray paint. pretty hack. The arrow slats shape looks ok (call that the substrate) but they didnt apply any vinyls on top. 1000 or more? directional arrows to repaint constantly. Most are always color losed or color faded. Fine for an 8 year girl old going 10mph but try 30+ in a RZR, cant see em.
You are always looking over your shoulder wondering if you are going the correct direction and by the time you look back you either hit a tree or Mr seatbelt from the bad crash video and his a-1 video team.

making great trail signs can be easy.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
Hey gang. I am happy to report a couple of things. trails are pretty clear, and we have now widened the east loop so that jeeps can get through, so there should be plenty of room for the RZR runners. the goal is to have it at least 12' wide where possible, with some areas that will remain one lane only, and some areas where passing will be possible. does anyone have software to be able to run on a GPS to track and load a map of the trails into a program, pc or another GPS ?
Also, as of November 6th, the east coast hunting crew will be moved in and the land will be a hunt only for at least 3 weeks. bow into shotgun.. After that, I will call you and let you know it is open again for riding purposes.
im located in richland county, so. illinois. My friends and I are looking for new places to ride. How many acres can you ride? Is their a full day of riding there. I would be interested in setting something up next year if it is allowed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts