Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing this air compressor in a 2013 XP 4 900 and the bracket is landing higher than the seat mount cross bar. Anyone else seen this too? I don't know if FMF designed this bracket around the 2 seater Rzr and the 4 seater is indeed different.

It's easy enough to just add some spacers to take up the extra 3/4" between the bracket and the seat mount cross bar. Just wanted to see if other's had the same experience when installing one of these. Thanks.

https://www.fullmetalfabworks.com/2011-2014-rzr-900-air-compressor

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've gotten back to this and found out, there is a difference in the floor or the seat rear crossbar between a XP4 and a 2 seat XP900.

In the following pics, you can see how the bracket is too tall, preventing the seat from clipping down onto the seat mount pin.
Would someone with a 2011-2013 900XP 2 seater mind measuring the distance from the floor to the top of the seat rear crossbar that this bracket attaches to? That would clear up a lot.

There is a possibility that the floor in the 2 seater is flat where the compressor mounts as opposed to a raised rib where it sits in the XP4 seat floor. (the raised rib of the floor can be seen in the last pic). The whole bracket and compressor is only about 3/8"-1/2" too tall from fitting correctly under the seat.

I guess I'll have to modify or shorten the bracket somehow to make it fit under the seat and allowing the seat to clip down into place. The side shot pic of the seat shows the seat bracket resting on the fullmetalfab compressor bracket.

Has anyone here "been there and done that" and come up with a slick work around for mounting this compressor in an XP4?

On a side note, I would not recommend FullMetalFabrication products for anything! These compressors have faulty on/off switches that fail in short order and they will not stand behind their product with the faulty switch, replace or repair it under warranty, or even offer any assistance at all for users to replace it. Their only offer was to sell me another compressor and bracket that is already overpriced for what it is. I would suspect this poor quality and customer service issue would extend across the whole line of products from FullMetalFabrication.

In my opinion.......Buyer Beware with FullMetalFabrication products and their inferior quality products and poor customer service.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 seat XP900 has a higher rear seat mount bar. It is 7.25" from the bottom of the boxed area to the top of the seat moutning bar. XP4 is ~ 6 5/8" dimension.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts