Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the full windshield on the RZR 4? I have read a lot about how much more dust gets in the cab with the 2 seat RZR but I haven’t found any posts about the 4, is it the same, better or worse with the longer cab? Which windshield works the best on the RZR 4?
I took the wife out this weekend and she got cold, so I am looking for a way to keep her a little warmer. I would take the windshield off in the warmer months.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
I can say this: My neighbor's 4 has a Halfy on the front and a full rear window.

That rear window keeps ALOT of dust out. I would aimagine a full front (for warmth) plus a full rear (to keep dust out) may be your ticket!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a full windshield in the front and full in the rear and you still get most of the dust in the back seat but may be coming in the sides. I'm going to change it to a windshield that opens in the middle so I can get some air flow in the cab, my wife is the same way and we do most of our ridding in the fall and winter, I just put some half doors on but have not had a chance to test them out to see if that will keep the dust down some. Some of the members have said you have to seal all the bottom holes in the floor and under the back seat but I'm not willing to go that far.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you don't mind cleaning it during a ride should be ok. My half windshield gathers so much dust during a ride you can't even see out of it. Only thing with the half you can see over the top still. With the full you will be blind after some ride time. I would get the half if i was you.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
One more thing: Whether you get a Halfy or a Full, consider not using the bottom weatherstrip or raising the windshield up about a half inch. This way, you are blocking most of the wind but allowing a little airflow into the cab.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have a half windshield with a windshield stiffener from UTV Tech, and I don't get much dust in the cab at all without a rear windshield.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have a half windshield with a windshield stiffener from UTV Tech, and I don't get much dust in the cab at all without a rear windshield.
I'm going to try that mix next.

I was running the Kolpin tilt open windshield and a rear vinyl window and the dust up front could get annoying at times.

Since the top part of the windshield won't work with my new cage I'm going to see how just the lower half does. I'll try it without the rear first.

Otherwise, the Kolpin is a great windshield. Strength and clarity is good. Doesn't scratch easily at all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm going to try that mix next.

I was running the Kolpin tilt open windshield and a rear vinyl window and the dust up front could get annoying at times.

Since the top part of the windshield won't work with my new cage I'm going to see how just the lower half does. I'll try it without the rear first.

Otherwise, the Kolpin is a great windshield. Strength and clarity is good. Doesn't scratch easily at all.
Hey Jim, are you interested in selling the Kolpin tilt or will you keep it in case the 1/2 doesn't work ?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey Jim, are you interested in selling the Kolpin tilt or will you keep it in case the 1/2 doesn't work ?
Johnie, I actually almost sold it...but got to thinking that a half windshield would cost about what I would sell the windshield for, so yeah, I'm going to try it out first and if I don't like the 1/2 windshield I'll sell this one.

I can put you on my short list (2) of people that are interested. I have a feeling that the first member who contacted me about buying it may have purchased one by now.

I'll know by Thanksgiving if it works for me or not and shoot you a PM if you're still interested.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The way I have mine set up works really well. We have noticed that dust comes up between the rear seats through the seat belt rubber cover (planning on fixing this). Unless you have a complete cab enclosure, you will probably not keep all the dust/dirt out. I can say that the doors make a HUGE difference on keeping dirt/mud out!:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The way I have mine set up works really well. We have noticed that dust comes up between the rear seats through the seat belt rubber cover (planning on fixing this). Unless you have a complete cab enclosure, you will probably not keep all the dust/dirt out. I can say that the doors make a HUGE difference on keeping dirt/mud out!:popcorn:
There is an easy fix for that. Pull up the plastic panel in the middle and you will see that the opening is a perfect rectangle. You can make/buy a flat sheet of aluminum that fits the entire opening perfectly - won't interfere with the cover when you replace it. I was amazed at how easy it was....one of those "Doh" moments. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have a windshield that I made myself for my RZR 4, i went to my local glass shop and had them cut me a piece of lexan then held it up to the roll bar and marked the size out with a sharpie, then cut it out with a jigsaw set on low. I then took 6 P clamps and bolted it in, I left it up of the bottom about an inch and it does not seam to pull the dust in like the one I put on my Rhino but I made it fit my hood. The lexan does scrath easy but if you use soap and water with a cloth it does OK. Cost Lexan $79.00 P clamps $8.00 Happy wife Pricless

1 - 15 of 15 Posts