Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Stabil for long term storage or octane booster if you can't find 91 octane.....anything else is a waste of money on a stock machine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run 92-93 octane where I am at. It’s winter here so don’t ride as much and was wondering what I could put in my fuel so nothing gets gummed up. I still ride but not nearly as much.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
616 Posts
Google pump race fuel where you live. I mix 25% 100 octane with 75% 91 when I run stage 3. Maybe 10% for stage 2. After data log reviews it ran much better this way.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Autozone is now stocking VP Madditive OCTANIUM . It adds upto 8 full numbers to 10ga of gas. I just do half of this mix with 90 octane ethenol free gas to get a 94 rating. Have also ran the full 98 a few times. Cannot say I notice a big difference in power but does run smoother.

Also like to add a gallon of VP110 leaded to a full tank every now and then. Good for your engine but ruff on the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Running higher than necessary octane to prevent detenation will do nothing but DECREASE performance. The ONLY reason to increase octane level is to prevent detenation. This applies to stock and performance tunes. For optimal performance run only enough octane as required. It's a common myth that higher octane will increase performance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Running higher than necessary octane to prevent detenation will do nothing but DECREASE performance. The ONLY reason to increase octane level is to prevent detenation. This applies to stock and performance tunes. For optimal performance run only enough octane as required. It's a common myth that higher octane will increase performance.
Agree, i do have a tune for higher octane. At some point it will run way to rich. If anyone wants to dabble in rasing octane I suggest a wideband AFR guage to monitor it.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Agree, i do have a tune for higher octane. At some point it will run way to rich. If anyone wants to dabble in rasing octane I suggest a wideband AFR guage to monitor it.
Octane and A/F ratio are not related. Actually higher octane fuel contains less BTUs by volume therby requiring more fuel than lower octane fuel to develop the same horsepower. A wideband O2 is always a good idea when playing with timing, boost, fuels, etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts