Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 2011 S or 4 model. Just wondering what kind of range you all are seeing. I will be riding hardpack and trails, no sand. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Looking at buying a 2011 S or 4 model. Just wondering what kind of range you all are seeing. I will be riding hardpack and trails, no sand. Thanks.
I wished I'd kept close track of the fuel I've used thus far, but I do have an idea. Thinking I been doing somewhere between 15 and 18 MPG. With the 7 gallon tank, just thinking I should be ok for at least 90 miles anyway.

So far, here where I have been riding, I can't imagine putting more than 25 miles on in a day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Riding trails I got about 20 miles on 1/2 a tank, 2009 RZR 800, no S here. May not help you but I'm giving specs anyway. :)

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I think about 10 mpg is a fair number. We ride a lot of slow speed uphill trails, then some flats, and then back down to the bottom again. I never check mileage exactly, because I just don't care, and I fill up everytime we get back to the truck to refill the coolers. If you are planning more than 60 miles round trip, I would definately carry a 1-2 gallon can with me. I stopped carrying fuel on our day rides, as I felt it posed more of a safety issue then it was worth.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Wow! Some of those numbers look disapointing! I get 19+ mpg with a passenger doing trails and fire roads with my stock 2008.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Riding trails and a little pavement get 100-110 miles on a tank with 2008. Remember the 2011 with new fuel injection system is supposed to get 30% better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I did a ride with a group of RZRs that was 80 miles....fuel lights came on and several added a couple gallons. Myself and another decided to push it and made it back to the cars. I added 5 gallons and it was still not topped off. I'd say I was actually down pretty low at 80 miles and would not want to push it much further without a gas can. 1/2 this ride was downhill or level riding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
2008 stock regular RZR with 2 people and a back deck full of coolers etc. and covered in mud riding west country trails (mountains to muskeg and everything in between) we put on 80km one long day and made it back to camp long after it was on the last fuel bar. Didn't pay attention to how much it took to fill but it must have been pretty empty.:pint:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 09 std rzr and get 14 mpg on bad trail riding, and up to 20 mpg on good gravel roads. However, on most of the trips I am at 17 to 18 mpg since the road/trail conditions vary. Some of the rides are 110 miles round trip with the majority being in the 40 to 60 miles round trip. I do check the mileage at each fill up.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Fuel economy varies A ton on these. Plus too your per tank really depends on how you fill the tank. I've seen plenty of people fill it to the neck and stop. You can get another gallon or so in the tank if you let it settle, fill settle, ect to fill all the air pockets. Some do it some don't. This would make a big difference on your miles per tank.. As far as miles per gallon mine seems to vary from 10mpg to 18mpg. This is trail riding and I like to cut up a lot. I never worry at all about how much gas I'm using. I also keep a 2.5 gallon can in the bed pretty much always.. Never know. I like having extra gas with me. You or someone else in your group might need it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts