Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm not sure what "normal" trail riding is, but I get around 14 - 16 mpg riding on hard pack desert stuff. Hi range 2wd, running around 25-45 mph. There is a thread somewhere on here that had quite a few posts about mileage. Remember that to fill the tank you must "burp" the tank when filling or you will not get the last .5 - 1.0 gal in the tank.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Most people get around 100 to 120 miles on a full tank riding in the hard pack. The 2011 Rzrs are supposed to be like 30% better MPG so you should be seeing 140 to 150 miles. Sand robs a lot of mpg so expect to fill up alot more.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Most people get around 100 to 120 miles on a full tank riding in the hard pack. The 2011 Rzrs are supposed to be like 30% better MPG so you should be seeing 140 to 150 miles. Sand robs a lot of mpg so expect to fill up alot more.
I'll go back and verify what Polaris says. I don't believe they state 30% increase in "efficiency". They claim a 30% increase in "range". That increase might come in the form of increased fuel capacity, increased efficiency, or a combination of both. I'm thinking it's a combination since they are using the word "range". Need to verify their marketing claims though......If it was purely an increase in efficiency, I'd think they would be running all over town talking about this great efficiency advancement. A real 30% increase in efficiency is tremendous. Can't imagine that's true...Maybe though, would be nice. They've got this new Bosh fuel injection system.

Edit:

I found a link to a Polaris engineer's review of the MY '11 engine changes. He does use the word "range", but it seems that it's actually a true 30% increase in efficiency, without a gas tank volume increase. That's a very impressive increase in efficiency.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
does this mean they were running 30% to rich before? I wonder what the timing map is like now and air to fuel ratio, have they gone the emmisions route like cars and now tuned it to lean for best operation/effiency? Do the bosch injectors atomize the fuel better? And theirs been talk/rumors about po po finally doing somthing about the poorest port designs since flat head fords and the honda 305 scrambler heads,which had simiesed ports and horribly long runs,to little volume like our po pos but they were 40 plus years ago

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
seems their is very possibly major head changes ,first look at video and notice new length of 2 into 1 pipes before collector,also seems to imply better injector placement anddeffinetly redesigned combustion chamber,which was a nightmare previously,sides to close to valves and to deep ,should be a/flat with hemi dish in piston b/hemi chamber or c/wedge shape (think small block chey) has anyone seen 11's head ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts