Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XP turbo a few weeks ago. My question is where I live our options for NON-ETHANOL gas is 90 octane and I know technically the turbo calls for 91. Should I run 93 with ethanol or the 90 non ethanol?

·
Morris Racing #711
469 Posts
You can run up to 10% ethanol before you would want to have it tuned for ethanol. I wouldn't worry about it, ethanol isn't bad for your engine you just need to be tuned for it if your running a high percentage of it.

If you're concerned that it might have more than 10% you can get a tester from amazon/ebay, they're less than $10 usually, and test the ethanol content in the fuel. I test my fuel all the time, but for opposite reasons, I run E85 so I'm always testing to make sure I have close to 85% in mine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ethanol has less BTU, and so less HP and reduced range per tank. More octane than needed also reduces HP and range. Do those things matter to you? Personally I would run 50/50. BTW, you may run hotter on 90. On a turbo I would not run lower than 91.

Now the XPT does have knock detection so I don’t expect you would hurt it short term on 90 either, but I do think egt/cht would both be higher

Just an opinion of course

D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts