Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 XP 4 1000 suddenly started running rough. First place I turned to were these forums and I’m glad I did! I saw a code of 17 520344 1 which I believe has something to do with a lean mixture. First thing I checked was the fuel pressure (again, thank you RZR forums) and determined I only had 20 psi of pressure (should have 58). After more internet research I dismantled the pump and discovered a distorted o-ring and a mushy gasket which may be called an isolator. More in depth research opined the failure of these parts was probably due to the ethanol in the fuel.
I contacted my local Polaris dealer and learned they wanted $440 for a new OEM pump! Ah, no thanks! Back to the internet where I discovered a company, Quantum Fuel Systems located in Ventura, Ca. They only sell fuel related parts. I purchased a new pump, and the parts to rebuild my failed OEM pump for less than $200 bucks! And get this…the pump is warranted for LIFE! Yep, if it ever fails return it and they will send out a new one! Sounds to good to be true but that’s what I got from the salesman via phone. Here’s a link: QFS OEM Replacement Fuel Pump Assembly for Polaris RZR 1000 XP / MUD EFI 2014-2021, Replaces 2205502

· Vendor
1,569 Posts
QFS is a great option over OEM. They work great and last at a much better price point. If anyone needs a Fuel Pump, let me know. Happy to hook forum members up with forum member pricing on QFS Fuel Pumps.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@JimboG -
So did it fix the issues and code cleared?
I see that the link you conveyed even had a 10% discount.. Great find on the replacement pump !
I ordered the parts but had to travel out of the area prior to receiving the parts. I won’t know if my machine is fixed until I get back and install the new pump. When I do, I’ll advise the outcome. I’m pretty confident the new pump will solve the problem since the old pump was only putting out 1/3 of the required pressure.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to close the loop, the new fuel pump solved the problem. Two thoughts: 1. Polaris has a problem with these short life OEM pumps. To bad they choose to just sell more failure prone pumps at exorbitant prices vs take care of the problem and improve their customer loyalty and base. 2. I need to figure out how to reset the check engine light. Hopefully this great forum will help with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts