Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 570 LE died yesterday. Determined the fuel pump is not pumping. Is there a relay for power to the pump and where would it be located? I have check the plug at the pump and have 12V only to the Brown and White wire the 3 others are dead. Need to find out which wires should have power. Any help greatly appreciated. Any thing else I should be looking for before pulling the pump?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe that that 2 of the wires are for the fuel sending unit that is part of the pump assembly. I think fuel pump relay is located in fuse box which is under the dash on firewall

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have changed out the relay, which didn't help. Tested that there is 12V to pin 30 of the relay and pin 87 is connected to the Red wire of the fuel pump plug. I miss stated earlier, the brown and white plug wire has 5V with the key on. 2 black wires on the plug are ground. Not sure about pin 85 & 86 for the relay. Looking for a wiring schematic for the fuel pump. Any one know where I can find one?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Following the diagram Denver sent me, I went back and retested all the relay terminals. They all tested out correctly. Found my error in earlier testing. The ECU shut off power to the relay after a few seconds, which is it's normal function. I now have power and ground to the fuel pump plug. Analysis is that the fuel pump needs replacing. Anything else anyone has to suggest before I order new pump tomorrow I would be great.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I got the new fuel pump installed and it still will not activate the pump when the key is turned on. Went back and tested the relay and it is working as it should when the key is on. there is 12 volts to the pump when the key is turned on, then the 12 volts is turned off automatically. I don't understand why the pump does not turn on when 12 volts are present. Looking for any input that might steer me the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
Are you using a multimeter to verify voltage? A 12 volt test light or using a high draw bulb will verify the ability of the wire to carry the required current. I have seen wires that are corroded internally that read voltage but wont allow current to power anything.
If your fuel pump circut will power a headlight bulb or both filaments of an 1157 bulb then your new fuel pump needs to be tested.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did both tests, voltmeter and test light. I then jump straight from the battery. Called Quantum and they are sending another pump, with 2 day delivery. Hopefully that will be the fix.

·
Super Moderator
7,655 Posts
I'd change out both relays for new ones just on GP's; they're cheap and readily available.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New 2nd fuel pump received today. Installed and the RZR started right up. Quantum's people are great to work with. Two day delivery on 2nd pump, no questions asked. RZR actually seems to run better, possibly new pump is adding a little more fuel pressure. Great that I could fix it myself with out going to Polaris.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Its total bullcrap that a brand new fuel pump doesnt work out of the box. Would be one thing if the gas gauge was jot accurite but for the pump not to work is unacceptable.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree, but quality control seems to be going downhill in the world. At least Quantum took care of it and did it quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts