Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel tank was leaking at the seam (which was a recall but Polaris wouldn't honor due to vin# being a few digits out of their list) so I purchased another used tank because a new one is 900.00 but when I put the fuel pump back in the rubber o-ring doesn't fit. The top circle is a little out of shape compared to the other tank so the o-ring just doesn't fit right and it bleeds fuel. The screws line up though. There are no fuel tank parts to purchase.To replace fuel pump and gasket you must purchase a whole new tank.Where's a good place to by O-rings or is there a lube I can use that will seal the fuel?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I have read that o-ring for pool filter housing will work. Try Leslie pool supply.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had an 08 that wouldn't seat the fuel pump very well and leaked fuel. The O ring was stretched and too big so I did the cut mentioned above. For added insurance I used some Permatex Ultra Black oil resistant gasket maker and no leaks and it's 4-5 year later. Others have recommended using Hylomar Universal Blue to seal it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts